down and worried

Posted , 5 users are following.

i've been feeling anxious for a long time and i feel lonely , i'm started to isolate myself even though i'm around people, for example today i went to the gym and thought that woukd help me feel better and then i went out of the house to do a few chores but still feel low and anxious and don't know any ways to lift myself .any idea???

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hello Ayesha

can I ask you if you've been to a counselor? Or if you're on any type of medication? I had a bit of anxiety myself and a little bit of depression too about a month ago. Although I'm still kind of low with those things I have been feeling better. Those are my suggestions I do hope you feel better!

• Posted

Hi Ayesha - sorry to read of your situtaion, but rest assured it's not uncommon. Could I suggest you see your doctor? There may be meds prescribed to help even out your mood. A referral to a psychologist/therapist/counsellor might be in order if you think there are any underlying issues to your condition - i.e. childhood trauma and abuse. In this day and age there is no reason to suffer in silence, there are avenues for help. You don't need to tell anyone else what you are doing if you feel there might be negative responses. Best of luck to you.

• Posted

Hi, i have seen a therapist before and that was helpful at the time , but in my everday  life i don't have much people to open up with , iam now considering medicine and have to wait a couple of wks, i really was trying to help myself without medicine by using the cbt help but because ive been like this for a long time now thinking of taking medcine, it taking me a lot of effort and restistence inside to say that i might take medicine as i have had really really bad effects of taking medicine in the past, and the thought of loosing control really botheres me. 

• Posted

I can understand your feelings, especially if you had a bad reaction to medication before.  All you can do is try your best and you have beendoingnthat,  maybe a different medication will be better for you and a visit to your dr will help confirm that.  They are used to seeing these conditions.  Some people,find counselling helps, imhave had a lot of CBT but cannot seem to put it into action, I understand the principles though. Keep talking and stay safe,

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.