Down days

Posted , 7 users are following.

Thursday at PT was good but very hard as aid assisted to 120 degrees 9 weeks post op but Friday was sore and I think I felt traumatized by it. Today of course was an off day completely. Some days I have no energy and today headache. It's so frustrating. I am wondering if cause is because I use very minimal pain meds when not going to PT and take more on PT days could this cause headache and tiredness? Today was just a wipe out. I thought I was getting past these days sad 

0 likes, 23 replies

23 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I had a tkr on my right knee 9 weeks ago. most of my pain is go except one tender spot just left of knee cap.

Yea my thigh muscle is still weak and knee muscles tighten up if I'm in my feet to long.

I don't use a cane of walker any more. And I walk almoist half mile on my good days unaided.

As for PT that was rough for me too. Always took pain pill before PT. And after wards I was done in for the rest of the day. By the time I got home I was in great deal of pain all day.

But in 9 weeks I don't walk with a limp and back in doing my daily routine.

Like many people my bend isn't all that great Was at 110 last time it was checked.

So take your days off when needed I still do or I will modify my excesses for the day when in to much pain

• Posted

Thanks for your input smile it seems like we must have had surgery days with in each other. My surgery was August 17th. It’s been a struggle. Today has been better and I have started to take Advil. 

I dont walk assisted either but tire easily. I do believe I still have a slight limp but I have been able to pick up pace a bit. 

I hope one I cannot continue to gain strength and ability to move better and better. Everyone here has been great in reminding me its a marathon not a sprint. I had no idea it would take so long to recover enough to go back to regular things. I am still not working but hope I can go back soon but I don’t know lol I thought I would be back by now but it would be too difficult at this point. 

Thank you again for sharing smile it’s nice to relate to others who fully understand the process this is.

• Posted

Yes my surgery was Aug 7th.

I am walking unaided. Went for a little l took longer walk today and I'm paying for it. My thigh and knee muscles were sore and tender all day.

I still don't think my bend is where it should be. Seems like I am stuck. Still have trouble going down stairs. I go up them fine.

?I still wake up at night in pain. Seems like I wake up exactly the same time at night in pain. Like having an alarm clock!

Yea I see my quack doctor in 3 weeks. Hope he don't want to do another surgery for my bend.

Good luck on yours

• Posted

Thanks Ronnie and good luck to you as well. I know it’s tough we just need to hang on and do our best each day. We can make we have too! 😘

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.