Down from 40 to 30mg

Posted , 3 users are following.

I went from 10mg Citalopram to 20mg then 40 in a few months. Contacted doc today to say side effects still the same (excessive sweating, trouble sleeping, feeling tired), although I do feel less anxious and my IBS has got massively better. She has advised me to lower down to 30mg to see how I get on.

I thought she'd maybe try me on another type of tablet, bit worried about lowering now after reading posts on here. Has anyone been in a similar situation? If so how did you get on?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Allisson. I would go slow on the withdrawal. TRY 5 mg's for 2 weeks to a month and see how you feel. I'm also reducing from 40mg's right now and its not easy. Lots if brain buzzing and its a hard go. But i set a plan for myself and I'm gonna stick to it. Lots of great ppl in here to help you along. My next step is to reduce to 2 1/2 mg's and go from there. GOOd luck and keep the chin up.

• Posted

I had bad ibs on just 10mg and also dreadful sweats. I put up with it for 2 months as the doc said I should expec t to feel worse before it got better. Went back to a different doc who said to stop taking them and that I should have gone back sooner.
    • Posted

Ji Jassy. I would not stop abruptly. Wean urself off the remainder. By what I have read the last 10 mg's are not the easiest to finish ur withdrawal. Check out some of the posts in here on withawing from these meds. Good luck.

• Posted

My doc didn't mention any side effects of going to 30mg from 40. Are they bad? Suppose be different for everyone.

I just want to sweat less and get a decent nights sleep but also to not feel anxious still.

• Posted

Allison. I'm also reducing but I decided to do it 5mg's at a time. Went to 35 for 2 weeks and then 30. I have been on this dosage for a week. It can be a rough go. I plan on going to 27.5 mg's after that and continue to keep doing the 2.5 mg's route until I'm completely off it. Keep coming in here for advice. Its super helpful. Keep the chin up and ur best foot forward. U will get through this.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.