Down in the dumps

Posted , 3 users are following.

hi anyone had chest infection or problems I have had bad chest pain for 4 weeks with sore throat and swollen glands white tongue and metallic taste in mouth now feel I got the shakes and feel like crap again not been able to get into the docs for last 2 weeks fully booked so going this week nhs Lyme test came back neg 4 weeks ago not a surprise Bering in mind how rubbish it is 5 months now since my symptoms started and had no treatment what so ever anyone else had neg test but still convinced they have Lyme

troble is u just feel like a fraud every time u go to the docs as if his thinking ohh u just want me to sign u off , but that's not true we just want answers and treatment for whatever is wrong with us  

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi gary .

I know i have lymes as i had the bullseye rash and you dont get that with fibromyalgia but i was diagnosed with extremely severe progressive fibromyalgia but the doctor did say to me that we are treating you for it but we cant put it on paper as your test keeps coming bk neg .but with lymes you get false neg and positives .i had all those symptoms you have it was horrible my tougne had a thick white coating every day for about 3months then it would go and then bk again i still get it to this day but not as bad .your meds will not be helping either

Today i get about 20-25 symptoms at once but u will learn to cope with it .there is no cure for lymes unfortunately it must be treated within 4-6weeks after the bite .

How long have u had it?

• Posted

Hi got bitten in June started having pain mid July in liver and abdominal pain and loads more like shakes feeling week and so on doc just seams to think it's a on going virus so gives me no Medes at all only thing I got was 6 weeks ago had whIte tongue and bad chest he said oh that's thrush so gave me some stuff to swill around my mouth that was ok until I had finished it then started to come back now have chest pain feels like shooting pains that move around metallic taste and white tongue throat feels like it has mucus in it when I swallow 
    • Posted

ask your GP to do a full lymes test c6,immunoblot,and extended lymes panel they have to go onto the public health england website to print off the blood test form and it has to be sent to porton down from your local lab (lymes action uk can advise your GP if needed) they will make sure you get the correct test especialy as you remember a bite. also the thrush,white tounge and mucus together with lymes symptoms could be another similar condition called  candidia overgrowth syndrome
  • Posted

try asking doc for a full test to include co infections, especially anaplasma phagocytillium. 

Also do your best to build up your immune system and keep off processed food... the less toxins you put in your body, the better you can cope.

I've had Lyme since 2013, nhs tests neg except for anaplasma, so had a clinical diagnosis.

• Posted

Please contact lyme disease action they will be able to liase with your doctor

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.