Down pressure on pelvic floor, worried!

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi all,

Hope you are all doing fine and making progress.

I am just over 10 months post-op for A&P repairs. Managed to get through the xmas/new year busy period at work. Just covered my basic hours and was actually not too bad as they have been making sure I get my seat at the checkouts.

We were meant to celebrate our 39th wedding anniversary which was yesterday, were going to go out today but unfortunately caught that novo-virus that is going about. Rest of family were sick over holidays, thought I had managed to avoid it but started last night, was sick all night and running to toilet 2nd half of night.

The worst is the gut wrenching when tummy empty. Finally subsided this afternoon, been sipping water since about 4pm, which seems to be staying down but tummy still tender.

Pelvic floor has taken a pounding, pretty sure the repairs are OK, but pelvic floor is tender too, feels achy and nippy and strong urine not helping but hopefully will sort itself soon. Still too scared to eat as everyone else had the virus for about 2/3 days and left them pretty drained.

Did what I could to avoid it, disenfected door handles, switches, taps, washed door sides down, aired the house. Made sure they used their own towels. I was having toast with everything and taking my actimel everyday. At least I got my shifts at work by.

Pelvic floor muscles not working too well so must have somehow weakened them and feel tender in lower pelvis too.

Think the virus is airborne so difficult too avoid.

Anyway hope you are all well.

Take care,

Phyl x😷😷😷

2 likes, 23 replies

23 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hiya Phyl, happy anniversary, hope you feel better soon and can celebrate in style xxx
    • Posted

Thank you SMM,

Feeling better, had some custard this morning , not really Hungary but thought I'd better try some food.

Hope to get out maybe over weekend or next week sometime.

Phyl x

• Posted

Phyl,

Take plenty of probiotic now to increase your guts bacteria. Thiusvis a must after sickness. Go to your local health shop and assk for a high strength probiotic. They will boost you up and strengthens your gut. Take care love and I hope you get to celebrate your anniversary soon.xxx

• Posted

Thank you so much for advice Welsh girl, feeling a little better this morning, water been staying down so tried some custard this morning.

Still a bit weak and wobbly, had a much needed shower. My hubby will have to get to chemist for thyroxine prescription sometime so will ask about thiusvis.

Hope to celebrate anniversary over weekend. Got my flowers and card!

Take care

Phyl x

• Posted

OK, will have to wait then, nearest health food shop is city centre. Maybe weekend then.

Thanks, x

• Posted

Best fgood in the meantime is organic plain live yogurt. Aff a small dollop of honey if yuyuou want it sweetened x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.