Down to 37.5 mg’s

Posted , 3 users are following.

Good day all. Went to see my Dr totay and she lowered my dose to 37.5 mg’s from 75. I told her I had been taking out 15 granuales out of a pill daily and was feelng pretty good. Then 2 days ago we had something happen in our home that was beyond my control and it stressed me out and I felt a little crappy for the last 2 days. Ishe advised me that this has caused stress and therefre this is why I was feeling a little crappy. She told me to keep exercising as I xercise a ton everyday and she did say exercise can work as well as most anti depressants. So I’m hoping I dont feel the pits for too long with my reduction!!!!!!  Go see her again in 6 weeks. Have a great day everyone and keep the chin up!!!!!

1 like, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Wow. Holly moly.  I should proof read before posting. Lol. 
  • Posted

Hi John

I felt the same for the last 2 days. Nothing really stressing happened...just life lol

I automatically blamed it on my decrease in meds, I think this med numbs us so much that coming off it..any little thing is exaggerated.

I just decided to accept it as a detox symptom and carry on!smile

• Posted

Hi the She.  Hope ur right about the decrease part. Love ur attitude too. I would love to be off these meds by the summer but time will tell. Not gonna hurry cause I want to stay off them!!!!  Enjoy your day
  • Posted

I know...its so hard to know what emotional feelings ( irritation and anxiety) are caused from withdrawal and what are actually "emotions of a normal person" I have been on Effexor so long it's like meeting my self for the first time!

• Posted

I hear you on that one She!!!  Its been awhile since I have felt really good but I’m optimistic I will soon.   Just have to think positive and keep ur best foot forward!!!!!
  • Posted

Hi John059 congratulations on making the reduction eventually, well done. It is good to hear that you are feeling a little better, I would like to say that the lowest dose is the hardest to wean of off trust me as I've been trying for 6 months now, hopefully not long to go till this never ending road meets the end 👍 take your time now, and stay in this dosage for quiet a while ok. 

There's plenty of wonderful relaxing Zen & medication on YouTube, grab some headphones & take some time for 'you' to relax 

• Posted

Hi John059 congratulations on making the reduction eventually, well done. It is good to hear that you are feeling a little better, I would like to say that the lowest dose is the hardest to wean of off trust me as I've been trying for 6 months now, hopefully not long to go till this never ending road meets the end 👍 take your time now, and stay in this dosage for quiet a while ok. 

There's plenty of wonderful relaxing Zen & medication on YouTube, grab some headphones & take some time for 'you' to relax 

• Posted

Hi Christina. Thanks for that. I started doing the meditation thing along with Accupuncture. In fact I do them together when I go for accu. I plan on doing this last bit very slowly.  I’ve been reading the slower the better. Doctor laughed when I told her I was taking 15 granules out of a pill. In fact though thats the way I will be reducing off my last 37.5 mg’s. I will be taking 5 or 10 granules out every week until I’m done. I know there are 100 granules in each pill!!!!  But I wont get ahead of myself. I dont plan on starting this last bit for at least 6-8 weeks. You have urself a great evening and keep putting youre best foot forward!!!!!!!
    • Posted

Hello and good wishes to everyone,

This is my first post. It seems like a nice safe place to share. Have read what you folks have had to say with great interest as my Psych guy just started me on it a month ago. I didn’t like the way it was making me feel so I stopped talking it. Have had the worst side effects of my life. Severe headache, dizziness, blurred vision and double vision a few times. I feel so dumb having done that. Won’t make that mistake again. Thanks for listening. 

• Posted

Jenny. Why were you taking Ven in the first place?  These meds are not for everyone. Sometimes you have to try a few diff meds before you find the right one for you. I am reducing off Ven cause I feel its time that I get off AD’s altogether. Good luck t you. 
  • Posted

Sorry I should have indicated was taking venlafaxine er 75 mg hs and 37.5 in am. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.