Down to 5mgs

Posted , 9 users are following.

Morning all!  I'm at last down to 5mgs but, like many others, the tiredness has kicked in again.  Another of my silly questions coming up -  how long is the tiredness likely to last?  

Eileen, I know you have been on 5mgs for ages.  Do you still get tired? (Excessively I mean).

I have a doctor's appointment coming up and will ask about adrenal glands being checked.

Does anyone know if RA causes tiredness?  Can't imagine it does, but........?

Thanks in advance for comments.

C.

0 likes, 20 replies

20 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

congrats on being at 5mg and my sympathies at the exhaustion. I hope your doc has some info for you.
  • Posted

I found I had to stay on 5mg for about 3  months before I felt less fatigued and able to start another reduction.
    • Posted

Personally I think you need to be at ANY dose under 10mg for at least 2 months before proceeding and 3 is better. I know the doctors say 1mg per month - they don't have pMR!
    • Posted

Definitely agree as long as 3 months if necessary at each dose below 5mg.
    • Posted

I am at 6mgs/1mo; i waited before making any changes to see if/when the exhaustion disappeared.  Thankfully, after 4 days, yesterday and also today i feel myself again.  My plan, after reading all the choices so lovingly offered is:

i plan to remain at 6 for another month.  And PERHAPS make the decision to take the SLOW ...schedule.

Thank you all so much, we are leaving for a nice week in Maine,US; will be in touch in a week or so...

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.