Doxazosin to treat high blood pressure .

Posted , 3 users are following.

i was put on doxazosin 1 mg to treat my high blood pressure ,,, in february i already was taking losarton 100 , i have asthma , bronchiectasis, also under active thyroid , COPD ,,, which take medication for all .

after an operation in february i was quite ill with pneomonia , and followed by 4/5 chest infections through the next 4/5 months including Influenza , i have recently stopped my medication ( except my inhalers ) and slowly introduced them one at a time to check for side effects, i have now come to the conclusion that its been the Doxazosin thats been causing tge side effects ive been feeling ,,,,,,. side effects have been ,palpitations ,trembling in my body ,no energy AT ALL,, breathless, productive cough , things have improved but its slow progress ,,,but a definate improvement since i stopped taking them ,,, has anyone else had any of these side effects .

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Img Doxazosin daily is a very low dose.I was on 8mg and I cut it down to 4mg.No adverse affect on my BP and I did feel better.However,I do not think 1mg would produce unpleasant side affects.

• Posted

i appreciate you getting back to me, im pleased the medication works for you , , i am also on losartan 100 for my bp , i stopped taking it last saturday , and i noticed improvement in my day to to day life even managed to go to the gym again , but my bp was 155 over 75 so advised to go back on it by the respitary nurse at the pulmary rehab class ,,,untill i can see my gp ,,, so i took it again last night,,,, i see my gp on monday and ill discuss it with him ,,,but i really do think its time for me to come off it .

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.