Doxepin

Posted , 4 users are following.

Just wondered if anyone has taken Doxepin for their stomach - i have been prescribed 10 mgs. 3 times a day - but am really bad with medicine.  Had a lot of tests - been nauseated for several months - right side pain and sometimes left below ribs - gallbladder tests were ok.  Had h pyloric blood test - ok - alot of tests - I am just tired of dealing with this everyday!

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Perhaps you are seeing the wrong doctors who are just guessing on a trial and error basis, Try to find a good gastroenterologist.
    • Posted

The GI doc is the one that prescribed it - I tried Bentyl first but couldn't tell any difference - I think this one medicine he said may help nerve endings and it could be coming from that.  I have had CT scan, colonoscopy, endoscopy, h pyloric blood test, celiac test, hida scan, gallbladder ultrasound - i don't know what's left!  Everything comes back normal

• Posted

Finding a good doctor may be difficult and the impossible may take a little longer, but don't give up.

• Posted

yeah I guess I will try this - suppose to go back to him in 6 weeks - i don't think sometimes doctors understand - the feeling you have - if it's something constant - I'm sure if it were them they would keep questioning......

• Posted

try mastic gum and see if it works for you, its natural so side effects are minimal or none.
  • Posted

Mastic Gum?  Where  do you get it?  Does it help for stomach?

• Posted

You can get it online. Read about it first. Its great for mild stomach ailments.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.