Doxycycline causing more issues?!

Posted , 7 users are following.

i was prescribed Doxycycline 100mg twice a day for a sinus infection a week ago, im at the end of the weeks course and my sinus symptoms have eased however im experiencing headaches, nausea, excessive gas and heightened anxiety.

are these common side effects of doxy? will they subside quickly now ive finished them?

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi quick question, did you have anxiety before taking those tablets?

• Posted

hi jean,

yes i suffer with anxiety, currently on 50mg sertraline which has helped. havent had a anxiety flare up since starting sertraline so bit of a coincidence that its heightened since being on Doxycycline

• Posted

i am 5 days off doxy and feel sick and anxious.

when did it pass for you ?

• Posted

side effect should pass within a few days of not taking them

• Posted

The symptoms you face are all anxiety related. This needs to be addressed.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.