Doxycycline for acne...

Posted , 3 users are following.

Is anyone taking doxycycline for acne? We have been on for a few months with trentenoin but it seems worse now?? This is so frustrating as we were just at the Drs about a month ago.. I feel so bad for my son and he's looking for me for answers.. : (

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

hi kelly....i have been using these treatments for 10 years. sometimes it geys better and sometimes it emerges with a condition worse than before. i suffered through acne vulgaris transforming to severe acne vulgaris. Can u send me images of ur son and also mention his age. i can give some suggestions. i know how depressing this is for teenagers as acne ruined my teen age.

• Posted

Thanks for responding... Now he has the 'congestion' that the Dr calls it... She gave us some Glycolic pads to try.. Not even sure they work but will try them at night. This congestion is really clogged pours--- flesh colored small bumps. He no longer get the white heads or the bigger bumps so maybe that is what the Doxycycline did for him. We also refilled the script at a different place a week ago and the pills were different-- same dosage but different manufacturer; prehaps this helped. I know everyone is different so what works for one may not help another.. I will try these Glycolic pads for these tiny bumps all over his face. I was also reading last night that some try BHA or AHA's. I may try this on his back... His back is clear except for these tiny bumps--- it's like sandpaper.

I finally made him realize that picking his face made it worse-- so he stopped and with whiteheads gone, it makes it easier. So now we have to work on getting these tiny flesh-colored bumps (cloogged pores) under control.Thank-you so much--- it's like a puzzle or mystery!

• Posted

Dear Kelly... i understand your feelings for ur son and i can also feel what he feels because i have been through this. Mine was a lot worse than your sons. i tried each nd every medicine but what it did was only give relief for a while like 3 -4 months and then it kept reappearing.

Doctor told me to leave each and everything containing sugar, even the fruits like bananas apple and also dates. However i never acted upon that. so what i meant to say that can u tell me his age bkz it has lot to do with age. i m 27 now and i v got rid of it about 90 prcnt.

• Posted

Yes I just read about bananas and other fruit.. He eats apples every day too.. UGH He's 14 so very hard to eliminate sugar. Diet is very important!! He drinks one glass of milk-- he used to have 3 or 4 so we've cut that. He drinks very little pop-- maybe one a week if that. Drinks a lot of water which is good. This morning when he woke up he did have several white heads so I'm guessing those glycolic pads helped. I also scheduled a facial with extractions for him just this once that could help open these clogged pores.Have you tried Accutane? I had to go on that when I was around 22 and I'm hoping my son won't need that.

• Posted

oh 14. then u need to be extremely carefull with that... Its ok let him eat whatever he wants. I took care of my diet for an year and nothing happened. I dont think so this has much to do with diet. This age is so sensitive as u know teenagers get depressed when their look is ruined by acne. I pray that whatever you are using to mitigate acne show good results. Yes i have used accutane and brevoxyl and fucidin and kenadex and many more and i dont remember bkz there were so many. I took isotrtenoin again and again and acne kept on appearing again and again. Mostly it doesnot appear after isotretenoin bkz its the last thing one can reccommend for treating acne like this. I m afraid maybe in near future doctor will prescribe you isotretenoin.

Well what my experience tells me that acne goes away with increasing age. As i grew older and reached 26 it went away all of a sudden without any treatment.

• Posted

Thank-you!!! we'll keep trying! : ) That why I thought a facial would help with extractions and relaxation for him being in high school. We are on a good path hopefully. So good to hear that your complexion cleared up with age!! But if it starts back up-- try eating Keto.. I have heard wonderful things about what Keto does for the skin. My guess is the no diary and fruit/sugar is what does it. Take Care!

• Posted

The harsh truth is that doctors really don't have your best interest at heart when it comes to treating skin conditions (especially Acne). Did they do any blood work with your son? or did they ask him anything with regards to his dietary choices? If the answer to both these questions is no... Then I'm afraid you might have fallen victim to prescribed drugs when they were not necessary and can cause more long-term damage...

It's not uncommon for conditions to get worse at first when being treated however (This is what they will tell you).

If you're looking for a long term treatment for Acne then please feel free to get in touch with me, I have spend many years learning about the subject and have cure my acne by using a completely holistic and natural approach. I would be happy to give some advice to anyone else who is suffering.

Best of luck!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.