Doxycycline Hyclate for Chronic Sinusitis? Anxious about this.

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hi all. I've been diagnosed with Chronic Sinusitis. Started with repeated sinus infections and I was put on amoxicillin, but had an allergic reaction to it. I went to an ENT the yesterday day and told him about taking amoxicillin. He asked if it helped me besides the reaction, and it did. So he put me on Doxycycline hyclate. Are these antibiotics similar? I took my first dose this morning. I had bad side effects with another medication earlier this year, so I'm scared of that happening again. I read on google and heard of bad things happening to people who took this medicine. I haven't had any side effects yet but I've been anxious about it all day. Like I'm just waiting for something bad to happen. Would something have happened by now if it were going to?

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.