DP help!

Posted , 3 users are following.

i have been dealing with depersonalization/ derealization on and off i think because im always wondering about it it scares me but i know its harmless does anyone have any self help that can help me beat this if so please let me know! sad battling anxiety and this is hard like me writing this right now doesnt feel like me and im scared i want this to end 

1 like, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Distract your mind with something positive talk to someone go out something that bring you back to reality is terrible I used to be worried about it but it get worse now I just do something that make me focus on the present something positive and it goes away is really hard overcoming anxiety but you do your best you will success
    • Posted

thank you i really appreciate the reply smile my DP was a lot worse but im starting to know when it comes on that its harmless and i try to distract myself and i stop to notice it but its always in the back of my mind

• Posted

Yes I know how it feel this is a cirlcle we need to break i have 7 weeks now exposing my self to my fears and all my anxiety i feel better feel like I have more control but I have too keep doing this in order to work I promise my self this new year i will keep exposing my self to fear and anxiety and panic attacks because that's the only way out when we don't fight anxiety it goes away. But when we fight and focus on it get worse

• Posted

sorry for such a late reply happy new year! and these past three days i have been forcing myself to sit through my anxiety or do things that make me anxious because only way to over come stuff and it feels so good when you do it and it ends and you realize you are completely okay and nothing happened you just want to keep going. EVeryday you get anxious to do things but always gotta rememeber you were okay every other time so you can do this too. Im dealing with vertigo at the oment and it makes me anxious cause im swaying back and forth or when i walk i cant walk straight thats my problem rn ontop of anxiety sad

• Posted

Yes. It feel great when we face what we fear feel free I know vertigo are the worse my is getting better but I have one today I was starting to get anxious so I remain my self to calm down think positive it will pass and I did some breathing exercises and it went away I really I m understand what you going through it suck really do but remember no pain no gain in my problem is dealing with this negative thoughts sometimes I do go and just let them go without getting anxious but sometimes i get really anxious 😩 so hard overcoming this I keep telling myself you already did 7 weeks is not way back

• Posted

good congrats 7 weeks is a long time! keep going it only gets better glad to hear you are doing better will hit a bump on the way but we are strong and we can do this && yeah my vertigo i want to try to help it with at home stuff not pills and feeling depersonalized is also a struggle right now too sad but i need to keep going and im the same way some times i do things without getting anxious then other times im super anxious and my legs feel like jello and i shake but then i do deep breathing and i overcome it 

• Posted

Aw thank you you are doing great believe me I overcamed anxiety in 2009 and I have 2010 2011 and 2012 without anxiety I was the most happy ever but unfortunately it came back at the end of 2012sad and it was so strong I didn't know how to cope with it on that time so I let it ruin my days with panic attacks fears anxiety it was only getting worse but at the end of this year in Nov I realized how my life was I was not happy I realized I need to do something about this problem and I start to face my fears and anxiety i told my self i didn't die In 2012 I m not going to die now because I m facing my fears is not comfortable but I have to do it in order to live happy again when you feel vertigo breathe deep I know is hard not to focus on your vertigo but try to listen to a relaxing music and keep breathing deep it goes away you will see for depersonalized do something that make you focus on the present play card. Play a game something like that I m happy I m not alone with this you are no alone we have each other Good luck never give up

• Posted

awww thank you i really appreciate it and it feels good not being alone because people who never dealt with it not fully understand the struggles and yeah dp is hard it comes on then i get anxious but remember im okay and its harmless and of course! thats a good thing to remember nothing happened back then nothing will happen now you will always be okay i cant wait to feel happy again i honestly dont remember what it feels like to be anxious free and happy praying for soon i hate sitting inside all the time i miss going out and being social because anxiety took over but not this year its our year to get rid of it we can do this! good luck smile

• Posted

When I suffered this I would swallow and my ears would click and I would then try and yawn it seemed to help me. that was fifty odd years ago.

Happy New Year 2017

BOB

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.