Dr. Daniel L. Feingold, MD

Posted , 2 users are following.

Has anyone located Daniel L. Feingold, MD? I am considering contacting him as I've had LIS surgery in 2012 which solved my problem until 2017, then had a recurrence when I had to take pain meds for a broken leg. Doctor gave me the creams until I finally screamed 3 months later than I needed something more to fix this pain. Doctor finally did Botox which worked and healed it in about 4 weeks. Then recently, the fissure opened back up again after a slightly hard bowel movement. Had the Botox a week ago, but it doesn't feel the same as the last time. Hoping that I get the same success, but the recent Botox has flared up Hemorrhoids and the fissure pain is worse now.

I'm desperate. My doctor tends to blow me off as I'm being too dramatic. Says that Botox is about all he can do for me at this point. I get that I can't have LIS surgery again. But I'm still blown away that there aren't other options out there. I think mine has become ulcerated skin by this point. Why can't they cauterize the area? Dr. Fengold is the only person on the net that I've found who seems to get it that there is more to fixing a fissure than just cutting the sphincter muscle or shooting Botox into the sphincter. At some point the reinjured skin down there just doesn't want to heal anymore!!

Any help would be appreciated.

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Hi ,

possible location is:

Practice Locations

1978 Crompond Rd

Cortlandt Manor, NY 10567-4144

Phone: (914) 293-8600

Office Hours:

Monday: 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM

Tuesday: 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM

Wednesday: 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM

Thursday: 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM

Friday: 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM

Saturday: Closed

Sunday: Closed

I had surgery by Dr Feingold in March 14 2019. I haven't seen him since then. I heard he took the summer and will be starting in Rutgers, NJ. I really do not know yet. Hopefully I'll find out soon.

• Posted

Just keep in mind this surgery takes a long time to heal. I'm 4 months out and still have slight pain and can tell I need more time to heal since I had two deep fissures. Its possible to get a touch up by Dr. Feingold if needed. With ointments and ibuprofen with Tylenol The swelling and pain is down enough that I can go out use a bathroom other than my own. It doesn't change how important it is to have a soft stool. Softer the better, less trauma on your rectum. I hope you find him too and get on track to a full recovery.

• Posted

Thank you for taking the time to reply and your comments regarding your experience with the surgery. If you do find out his new location, please let me know. I don't think I have a deep fissure. I didn't and haven't even had any blood with this fissure. Just the stinging pain initially and now the dreaded sphincter spasms. As I said, I just had Botox for a 2nd time. I'm in day 8 and just battling the swelling now. Flared up some hemmorhoids, so that is now in addition to the fissure pain.Hoping that the Botox starts working soon and things calm down for me. Been taking Miralax since I had the recurrence and my stool is pretty consistently soft. My problem seems to be that whenever I have one hard BM, I am back to square one. I asked the doctor if I could just take a stool softener every day even after I'm healed and he said that was perfectly safe to do, something like Colace or generic stool softener. I'm going to stay on the Miralax in varying doses until I'm at least pain free.

Thank you again for replying to my post and I wish you all the best in feeling better soon!

• Posted

I am taking Miralax in varying doses right now. Plan to take just generic Colace once I'm pain free. My doctor said that is fine to take daily to keep things soft coming out. 😃

• Posted

I am 12 days out from my first round of botox , still in pain. Dont think the botox has worked.

If i have one hard ish BM I tear.

Was there any reason you can't stay on Miralax for life? did your surgeon mention anyother stool softeners to take?

becareful with Colace, I tried that and it gave me diarrhea .

• Posted

I take stool softeners in a red liquid capsule. I think CVS brand. Pharmacy brand. One or twice a day. Miralax only when I really know I need it.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.