Dr David Sinclair

Posted , 8 users are following.

It is with great sadness that I bear the news that Dr David Sinclair, the man behind the research and development of The Sinclair Method, died peacefully last night (6 April 2015) at his home near Helsinki, Finland.

Sinclair's work was the single most important medical development in the treatment of alcohol dependence to date. His work has saved many lives and improved many more.

I, for one, will continue to spread the word that alcohol dependence is NOT a behaviour problem, but a medical one which can be treated medically instead of punitively.

RIP Dr Sinclair

4 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Thank you for the news Paul. Sorry to hear this as well.

I am sure there are many dedicated followers in his practice to carry on his dream and help the unfortunate to overcome their problems with self infliction due in part to the availabity and as given by the wealthy producers and governments worldwide.

BTW, I saw my shrink today and passed on the info about Selincro. He said he would look into it and agreed more professionals need more literature.

• Posted

Hi Paul, what terribly sad news..RIP. the world has lost an amazing, sincere, wonderfully sincere empathetic man....but for this gentleman many would not be here today....sincere condolences to his family who must be so proud of the legacy he has left....he was a man who never looked down on others with an alcohol problem, instead, he reached out to them...God bless ...sincere regards to those he has loved and had to leave....

Deirdre Anne Bates..xx

I trust Paul that you are well, keep up the GOOD work young man..regards to you ALWAYS,..Deirdre x

• Posted

Hi Paul

Sorry to hear the sad news.  I have found  his work very interesting.  My son as you may remember is an alcoholic.  He had been seeing his key worker in Surbiton who had mentioned to him about Dr Sinclair's work.  Tim, after being in and out of hospital quite a few times, decided to go to rehab in Luton.  He paid his way because he wanted to go asap.  He really didnt like Luton and stuck it out for 2 months out of three.  He returned home on 30 November and has been sober since then.

Hope you are well and thanks heaps for all your advice.

• Posted

SOund great that your son is staying sober and keep it up and give him encouragement. Brilliant and I am certain that you are a great help. All the best to you and your son.
  • Posted

Dear Paul

I saw the news on Facebook, really sad. Especially as he isn't as well known as he should be. Hopefully one day he will get the recognition he deserves. I personally think I am going to have a lot to thank him for.

I am now well into my 2nd month of Selincro and over the Easter weekend, Sunday and Monday, instead of my usual 2 beers and more than half a bottle of wine each night I only had 1 beer! I couldn't believe it, I just didn't want it. Thanks Paul for your help and encouragement as well. I don't feel I am there yet but I think I am heading in the right direction.

RIP Dr Sinclair

• Posted

Well that is very sad news as I for one have a lot to thank Doctor Sinclair for , as in the rest of my life.

R.I.P

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.