Dr doesn’t care???

Posted , 6 users are following.

hey guys, so i posted on here around 2 weeks ago that i had a uti, i took the antibiotics and felt better until yesterday.. woke up to the same uti symptoms so i called my dr and the nurse said to come in and leave a urine sample. did that and never recieved a call back all day meanwhile ive been sitting here freaking out that itll turn into a kidney infection. i called the office back today and they acted SO annoyed with me and said they sent the urine off and will book me with a urologist.. i wouldnt think they would send me to a urologist after one visit for a uti... anyway they act so annoyed by everything, whenever i come in they just role their eyes at me and tell me everything is in my head but its OBVIOUS i have a uti right now.. anyway just thought id vent, anyone elses dr act annoyed with them?

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

It's typical for a primary care doctor to send you to a urologist if you are having recurring UTI's.Apparently they assume if the antibiotics they have prescribed don't work, then maybe you have something wrong that needs a urologist. Usually that isn't the case.

Aside from giving you an ultrasound or cysto, the Urologist just does the same thing as the GP; i.e. urine culture and antibiotics.

Where they all go wrong imo is that they don't keep you on antibiotics long enough and some bacteria is left behind to grow.

As for doctors getting annoyed, the answer is yes. I think it's because they don't view UTI's as a big deal.

• Posted

Thanks for the reply! I agree, i was only put on a 3 day course of antibiotics and the infection was pretty bad! Now they're just acting annoyed with me because its back again.. Lol. Hopefully if i go to the urologist we can get rid of this. I cant believe they just let you sit there miserable until the culture comes back!

• Posted

That is not nearly long enough, especially it they put you on something like trimethoprim or nitrofurantoin.

• Posted

i had a uti in janurary and now again but this time its bad they put me on macrobid 2 tines a day for 7 days im on it 4 days now and im getting no relief i contacted them today and told them i wasnt feelimg better that i was shaky weak and lightheaded but no fever i made an appt to discuss it in person because nothing else was given i guess if theres no fever they dont worry i have a back ache and discomfort in my side also

• Posted

In my opinion if you are worried about anything associated with treatment put it in black and white. These days any one can send an email but write to your surgery and of course that is a valid record same as your very own medical history that IS IN WRITING. Nothing matters that is discussed by telephone or face to face because facts discussed can be and are denied when it comes to any nitty gritty.

Not many in authority enjoy getting letters but sock it too them I say..... My wife told me =they'll strike you off you know! I told her, I have done nothing wrong so how can they do that?

I have had quite a few adverse reactions but usually if one is truthful that matters & so justice will prevail. As long as those who put pen to paper have their facts right..... It was a litigation solicitor and I must say the very best who gave that advice and over decades it is seen to be absolutely correct...... So get your pen and paper out!

Re the tests on urine. Not all infections show up on urine tests but there are numerous other tests that can be carried out and more so by urologists.

• Posted

i think you need to find a new dr noone should be treated like that your paying them if we didnt have issues they wouldnt have money

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.