Dr. Ducic Headache Surgery

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hello everyone - I have been suffering from an intractable headache for just over a year (not nearly as long as many of you I know). I was diagnosed with occipital neuralgia and occipital nerve blocks help a lot (but I do not see a forum specifically for ON). I have recently been referred to Dr. Ducic in Washington DC for nerve decompression surgery. I have read a lot of positive reviews on this doctor and surgery. Has anyone here worked with Dr. Ducic? Had the surgery? Were you successful in getting insurance to cover it? Thanks everyone!

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

I have not heard of this but it's intriguing. I'm curious where the nerve compression is located. Can you elaborate? 

• Posted

There can be nerve compressions anywhere. For my particular problem (ON) it is likely in the muscles on the back of my neck. This doctor has lots of positive reviews for the surgery where he alleviates pressure on the occipital nerves. But everything else I've heard about nerve surgery is not to do it. Just trying to get as much information as possible. 

• Posted

What were some of your symptoms? Or was it just headaches you were getting?
  • Posted

Short term top of head intensive pain after coughing, sneezing, laughing or bending over. Has symptoms of tension headaches. Though not feeling stress or tension most of the time. Not an issue when lying down throughout the night. Saw doctor again today and he finally ordered an MRI. He mentioned "annurism" rule out. YIKES.

• Posted

Hi capt. the symptoms you describe are exactly the same as mine. For me, though, it's ongoing symptoms that are (apparently), a common after effect of brain surgery, which I had, to clip an aneurysm, after I had a subarachnoid haemorrhage. I was told, by the surgeon, that because I continued to have these symptoms, longer than the 18 months after surgery, that I could very well be stuck with them...

• Posted

Hi, how did they diagnose this? What tests did they run?

I've been suffering from permanent chronic headache for 4 years and no docters have been able ot figure out what it is...

Thanks

• Posted

Diagnosis was based on the location and nature of the pain and a response to an occipital nerve block. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.