Dr in Pittsburgh, Pa, USA that specializes is eustachian tube disfunction

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hello to all.

There is a medical doctor in Pittsburgh that specializes in middle ear problems and ETD.  He is a pediatric ENT but does see adults.  I had appointment with him several weeks ago and he does extremely extensive tests to diagnose and treat patients with these problems.  The evaluation took 3 hours and involved numerous machines and a 4 team nursing staff.  If after all of these tests he diagnoses the patient with ETD he then will develop a course of treatment to eliminate the problem.  In many cases he finds the problem is NOT ETD but a middle ear issue that resembles ETD.  He then recommends a treatment for that diagnosis.  This doctor is affiliated with UPMC (University of Pittsburgh Medical Center).  The doctor's name is Dr. ALPER.  The one unfortunate thing is that he only runs these extensive diagnostic tests twice per month so appointments take about 4-6 months to get.  He treats patients from across the USA at his practice at the Children's Hospital of UPMC.  Most insurance covers the testing but it is wise to investigate coverage prior to the appointment.  Because of the extensiveness of the testing and the personnel involved the total cost for the test without insurance is quite high.  If you need more information please let me know.  I can forward the phone number to you privately, however, if you look up Dr. ALPER at UPMC you should be able to locate number, address, etc.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

This is great news! I live in Pittsburgh, going to look him up! Thank you so much!!!! 
    • Posted

Did you happen to have any luck getting an appointment with Dr. Alper? 
  • Posted

Sadly no good for me as I live in the Uk and have yet for someone to actually give me a proper diagnosis
  • Posted

Hi tanney, if you don’t mind me asking what we’re your symptoms 
  • Posted

Hi Tanney!  I live in the Pittsburgh area and was hoping I could ask you some questions in regards to your experience with Dr. Alper.  If you are able and willing please let me know.  Mostly, I am just interested in what the process is like making an appointment as an adult.  I am a 29 year old man, but I have something very strange going on in what feels like my inner ear and most ENTs don't seem to be too interested in diagnosing my actual problem, just telling me that all the standard ear tests come back fine..  I hope to hear from you.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.