Dr. says blood test "normal" but schedules another in three months?

Posted , 2 users are following.

I am stressing out because I had a routine blood test and the doctor called back and said that it came back normal but that they wanted to test again in 3 months. This lead an immediate question: If it was normal, why would they need another test?

I went about my business and forgot about it until my mom showed me how to look up my test results online. What I saw was immature white and red blood cells. When I googled this, it was like the internet was waving a million red flags that screamed, "serious illness!" It said, for instance, that immature red blood cells in adults, even in small amounts, is a sure sign of disease. Blood cancer? Lymphoma and leukemia danced across multiple articles explaining immature blood cells in adults. Plus, my anion gap was low, which Google says is rare and indicates disease.

I am trying to be patient for my next blood test of my "normal" blood, but sometimes I feel like I'm going crazy. I just want to understand what's going on and I don't know why there has to be three months between testing. I'm coming to the end of the three months, but time seems to be going even slower as the day approaches. And then I'll have to wait for the test results.

Am I wrong to be so worried?

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

hi Val

I will wait and i know is hard but try not to worry.

the wait 3 months is ok maybe your hormones are wack . i will drink alkaline water 7.5 ph and high.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.