Dr says not convinced are warts, rather are pimples, thoughts? - pic included

Posted , 4 users are following.

I had genital warts for the first time three years ago and they didn't return after treatment. I noticed these small bumps, checked with Dr and she isn't convinced they are warts, rather thinks are pimples. that being said she didn't magnify them, and commented on how small they are. Can someone help confirm or give thoughts on what they may be? Thank you for your help!

Note, I have had lichen sclerosus since age 11.

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

anyone able to help? @kim12266 maybe? i dont want to spread HPV if they are warts.

• Posted

the only one that looks suspicious is the brown one although i cannot tell as to small but pimples are not brown in color u should keep an eye on it and see if it grows or changes

• Posted

thank you! I will be monitoring. if they are warts they definitely will grow or change, not stay the same, is this correct?

• Posted

they usually grow in size and start spreading

• Posted

The brown my me a crust , have you tried to scratch it ? if its an ingrown hair and its weeped it may form a bit of a crust . Maybe pluck the hairs around it for now and keep an eye on it . Try and get a clear close up pic and compare it in 7 days time with another pic and if bigger go to the doctor again .

Have you have any thrush symptoms even mild ?

Im not a doctor nor have I have exactly that but I have had an ingrown hair that got a bit infected and had a nasty scab, scrached the scab off and a very long hair popped through the skin .

• Posted

Hi! I haven't tried to scratch it, truthfully I cant even feel them, I only noticed them when I was looking, even then I had to magnify the pic to see the details. I have mild thrush symptoms, but those could also be my LS.

• Posted

JUST LOOKS LIKE A REACTION TO ME, COULD BE FROM DETERGENT SOAP OR ANYTHING YOUVE USED DOWN THERE RECENTLY!!

• Posted

hi, wanted to update, not warts confirmed by GP twice, and gyno. just a change in texture and colour!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.