dr suspect's Gilbert's Syndrome, I suspect auto immune liver disease.

Posted , 3 users are following.

Looking for some guidance here, my gastro is thinking I have gilbert's syndrome. Since my symptoms include joint pain and pain and swelling throughout my lymphatic system, I'm forced to think maybe I have an auto immune disease or a viral disease. I have been tested for all the hepatitis and hiv, I have been vaccinated for hep b as a child but am not immune, I tested negative for hep b. My ast/alt is normal, my sed rate and crp are normal. My liver is enlarged and I have a 5mm polyp in my gallbladder and I have consistent diarrhea.

Today I requested a HIDA scan and am considering requesting an ASMA test as I have suspected and insisted it might be sarcoidosis and auto immune hepatitis only to be dismissed, which I suppose my alt ast results support that it might not be aih. Hoping someone might have some guidance or possibilities I feel I have been experience heart arrhythmia every other day or so and am nervous to think whatever is effecting my lymphatic system is affecting heart function as well.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Ask ur doc to run a genetic test for Gilbert's Syndrome to hopefully give u some ease. Most suggest it based on increased levels of unconjugated/indrect bilirubin.

If docs suspected autoimmune hepatitis then ud hopefully have routine LFT's to check for inflammation along with enzymes. Autoimmune issues can be tricky to diagnose so hopefully ur GI specializes in hepatology and not just gastro. More so as u have an enlarged liver.

• Posted

Honestly is does not matter whether you have gilbert's syndrome or not. The fact that you have serious physical changes in liver/gallbladder means that your body dont work properly. Consider blood test of vitamins and metals. Check my other posts

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.