Dr wants to do a hysteroscopy but I need a hysterectomy!!

Posted , 4 users are following.

I've been bleeding continuously with clots so big they block the bath plug hole for just over 5 months. My periods for the last 6 years have been severe with much of the same but end after 7 days.

I was admitted to hospital as I passed out after bleeding for 28 days straight and was found to be dangerously anaemic. After a week the hospital gave me transescemic acid and primulut to slow the bleeding.

6 weeks later my gynae said he wants to do a hysteroscopy and d & c as well as put in a Mirena. I have bowel, pancreatic and uterine cancer in my family. I'm 50, had 7 kids, my tubes are tied so why in gods name won't he just rip the mother out, ovaries and all???!!!

I have two cysts on my left ovary also. It's a regional hospital and because I can't have blood transfusions, it's like he just wants to band aid the solution. It's public also, not private. I guess it's true what they say, money does, change everything.

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Edith

My name is stacey i am 47. I was bleeding just like you for over a year was anemic and didnt know it. I saw one gynecologist who did an internal ultrasound but said nothing showed up on it. He said i was going through menopause. Well 6 months later i had a heart attack. While in the hospital they did another ultrasound and found i had an enlarged uterus. They say my anemia caused my heart attack. They sent me to another gynecologist and he did a d&c and hysteroscopy and thats how i found out i had uterine cancer. I was sent to a gynecological oncologist who did a hysterectomy and removed everything uterus,cervix,ovaries,and fallopian tubes. He also removed lymph nodes. The cancer wasnt in my lymph nodes but haved moved through the muscle of the uterus and my cancer is stage 3. I have started chemotherapy and have 10 rounds to do. I just finished round 2 and have lost all my hair. Chemo is no fun the first week after im to sick to do much of anything. The second week i start feeling good again. If you are not happy with first doctor get a second opinion. I wish i had maybe cancer wouldnt have spread and a hysterectomy would have been all i needed. Good luck with whatever you decide to do and please let me how things go. I will be praying for you

• Posted

Hi Stacey, thankyou so much for sharing your story with me, it's like a mirror image of what I'm going through. Early this morning I had jaw and chest pain so bad it woke me up and I did think heArt issues?? I have another doctors appointment today so hopefully he can get things moving in the right direction. I feel for you, you poor thing and yes, it may have saved all your heartache had they done the hysterectomy to start off with??But hopefully now you can mend and I will let you know how I get on. My prayers are with you Stacey

• Posted

Hi, Stacey,

My heart goes out to you!  You are in my thoughts and prayers!  Please let us know how you get on! xxx

• Posted

Hi Lynda

Sorry its taken so long to post anything. As you read things ended up not going so well after my hysterectomy. The chemotherapy has been rough but as long as i am cancer free when done it will be worth it. Thank you for the prayers. I hope all is well with you!

• Posted

Hi Stacey,

Please don't apologize.  I was so concerned about you!  I'm doing okay...please continue to stay in touch, just when you can.  I want to know how you're doing!  

Bless you, Stacey.  May God keep you! (((BIG HUG))) xxx 

• Posted

Hi,

Get hysteroscopy and d&c done. During the procedure, gynae will remove tissues for lab test.

My lab test did show a statement of cannot ruled

out adenocarcinoma. Had hysterectomy after that.

Endometrial cancer stage 1a.

If you do not suffer from cancer, do consider of not

opting for hysterectomy as the long term effect (i.e.

lower back bone pain, weight gain, hormonal

imbalance, frequent suffer of uti and etc)

• Posted

Thanks so much Sue for your good advice, I'll let you know how I get on. This sight is very comforting for women going through this as we can get the insight from people that have been through it also. So thankyou again

• Posted

Hi, Edith, sorry to learn you're going through this.  The hysteroscopy is probably so that the doctor can also do a biopsy.  But, your doctor's desire to do a d&c and insert a mirena coil seems like a stop-gap to me. It also indicates that he is not willing to look at the overall picture.  If you have cancer growing in your womb I believe it would be a mistake to try to scrape it out or implant a device which could result in more irritation.

I would try to see another doctor asap.  In view of your family history, you don't need someone taking the long way around to finding out what's going on with you!

Best of luck, and let us know how you do!  

• Posted

Thankyou Lynda, that's awesome advice. I have another appt this morning with another gp who will give me another gynae to go to. I'll let you know how I get on. 😏

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.