Dragging feeling after sex

Posted , 3 users are following.

Good morning ladies,

Ok, so I'm 11 weeks post rectocele and perineum repair. I had sex 2 nights ago and have felt that dragging feeling since. Have any of you had similar? What could it be? Bit worried 🌺💖 thank you xxx

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I think its normal hun im 6 weeks post op and was worried about how things were healing so hubby had a feel around and i am having a similar feeling so assuming its that. How was sex post op? I want to try it but worried it will hurt x
    • Posted

Hi Lisa, it's all such a worry isn't it? I'm going to request to see the consultant... I think it's bad that you don't get a check at 6 weeks... or ever for that matter 😞.

I have that feeling on and off when I walk too. It feels worse than what I had the op for!

Sex pleased my partner... he loved it. He said he can def feel

The difference now. We used lots of ky jelly and took it steady! I haven't been able to relax enough to enjoy it to be honest! But it does feel different. I just hope this dragging feeling is a temporary thing! 😳 

What op did you have? Xx

• Posted

I had an anterior and posterior repair with a sacrohysterpoxy. I also get the feeling of something buldging and i am sure when i stand up i can feel something at the entrance hoping its swelling!

I had a post op check at 4 weeks and everything was healing perfectly but now i am sure something is up. I go back to the consultant on 7th march for a 8 week post op check . Maybe its because i went private that i had had the check ups?

How long did you have off work? X

• Posted

Hi MissLeanne

11weeks is still very early in terms of full recovery. I am 16 weeks and still have occasional feeling of fullness or aching. Tissues are still healing and delicate so this is probably the cause of your feelings.

I am surprised at the comment of no postvop checks! I saw my consultant at week 1 week 3, 6 and 7 the last being because I had a bit of an infection. However mine also was private surgery but we all need reassurance that everything h is healed and looking successful. Not exactly something g we canche k ourselves🙄

Perhaps you have a little inflammation following intercourse. Does a pain killer or anti inflammatory help? 

Best wishes 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.