Drain sinus

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello I have a chronic sinus infection I been goin to the doctor for almost 2 years taking Antibiotics and Claritin nothing help sad  my doctor said he will drain my sinus at the office in 3 weeks I don’t know how that work will that cure my sinus ? Do I really need to get this done what I don’t and I don’t want to do it sad anybody have this done before ? Thanks sad

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I have never had that done but I did have a chronic sinusitis issue for about 3 years.

Have you tried using a neti pot? Using that twice a day finally cleared mine in a week or so! It cleared my sinuses enough so that the steroid sprays could actually be applied properly.

I know how you feel though, horrible to live with and endure daily sad

Hope the GP can help

• Posted

Yes, its a tube and can suck out some of the infection, Mucinex - d for sinus will help it to drain and the inflammation, also steam will get them to drain, like in a shower, or hold your head over some steam 10 mi, you can also do a nasal washout that will help, hope you feel better soon.
  • Posted

Hi Ana.

Have you tried taking Evening Primrose Oil to overcome your allergy problem. 

It is a wonder cure for allergiy problems, hayfever, rhinitis, and sinusitis, as it reduces the body’s reaction to normal irritants that cause the problem.

It is not a drug, so it has no adverse side affects.

Please read my post Sinus Infection-An Effective Treatment, in this forum, for a complete explanation of this treatment.

Are you the Ana in an earlier post in this forum. If so did you give this treatment a good trial.

Kind Regards Ray.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.