DRAINING A CYST THAT IS NOT INFECTED?

Posted , 6 users are following.

Do any members here use "Phoebe's Method" (and similar 'remedies'wink on Cysts that are not yet infected?

Mine is not an abscess (yet). BUT I have had two abscesses in the past, and I would really like to avoid them getting to that stage. Any tips are appreciated.

So far....

- This cyst just appeared about a week ago and is the size of a (large-ish) grape I would say.

- The last cyst I had was in early January of this year. It became an abscess quite quickly. 

- I am going to start taking Sitz baths again. I took a Sitz baths yesterday and today, with Apple Cider Vinegar added. 

- I have been taking Women's Probiotics for about a month now (daily) 

- Only wearing cotton underwear (and only wearing as little as possible) 

- Avoiding tight clothing (as often as possible)

- Switched to natural laundry detergent 

IN SUMMARY: My question is... what can I do to get rid of a Bartholin Cyst that is not infected? I would like to drain it and prevent an infection from even occurring. THANK YOU!

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Edited

I see you posted this 12 days ago. Wondering how everything turned out. I’ve been trying home remedies for days. Hasn’t budged. 
    • Posted

Hey, I've been taking sitz baths 1-2 times per day (sometimes with baking soda, sometimes epsom salts, and sometimes a little splash of tea tree oil). Nothing has changed. The cyst is still there. It has not grown and it has not gotten infected. I'm thinking about trying Phoebe's method. I will keep you posted! 

Is yours infected? 

• Posted

Hi I’m in the same situation so really interested in any responses! 
  • Posted

Hi hun, I’m back in your situation again. My first one was never infected but was huge, 5cm so I had it’s drained and a word catheter put in. Catheter dropped out a few days back and a day later a small grape size cyst came back. I’m seeing the gynaecologist on Monday so il be asking the very same question so il let you know what she says. I obviously want to know how to stop them reoccurring and will do anything to avoid surgery (I have read mixed reviews about the successes of surgery). I read about the Phoebe method too and potentially may try it come Monday depending on what she says or does. I have also read that a paste made of turmeric paste/coconut oil might work. Or is that the Phoebe method?! X
    • Posted

Please let me know what your doctor says! It seems to be very difficult to find information online about treating a Bartholin Cyst that is NOT infected. I would really like this thing gone before it gets infected, but I'm scared of doing anything that might make it into an angry abscess! Thanks a bunch, girl smile 

Keep me posted

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.