Dramatic shift in cervix position....but why?

Posted , 2 users are following.

My husband and I have been trying to conceive for about 2 years, and I have been trying to track my ovulation but checking my cervix position (among other things). (don't worry I've been to Drs. and had several tests to check for abnormalities because of our conception issues) Needless to say, I've become quite familiar with the natural fluctuations in position based on where I am in my cycle. But today when I checked the position was drastically different than usual. So much so I couldn't find it at first. Usually my cervix is simply straight up, and sometimes a little to the side. But it is always upright (perpendicular to the ground). But today it was tilted forward and slightly up, to where "doughnut hole" is basically parallel to the ground. And it's even facing a little up, I had to bend my finger a little to feel the opening. Where my cervix opening usually is, it feels like a firm passage (like the "tube" of the cervix?). Anyway, I'm weirded out because I've been checking somewhat regularly for going on 2.5 years and never a change until today.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

UPDATE: Yesterday morning (day after I posted) I checked and my cervix was still in a weird position. But later in the day, about 5pm, I checked again and it had returned to normal. I still don't know why it shifted, but the afternoon check occurred right after going to the bathroom and passing a BM. I never had pain/cramping like I was stopped up or constipated, but maybe somehow my bowels were influencing the shift. But the timing of it may just be coincidence, idk.

I checked again this morning and everything continues to be in its normal place. I still wish I had a solid explanation for the initial shift (like I said the first time this has happened in 2 and a half years), but glad things have returned to normal.

• Edited

You have found the answer. Its the lower end of your bowel. It can push against the vagina anywhere and cause a slight bulge when its full. Most women would not even notice but as you are examining yourself often you are noticing every little difference.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.