Drank by mistake baking powder instead of soda for indigestion. Any internal side effects?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Is there anything I need to do?

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I would just take lots of water to flush it out of your system.  If you don’t feel unwell because of it, I wouldn’t worry.  See your doctor if you do get any reactions.
    • Posted

I’ve done silly things sometimes..good idea to phone a pharmacy and to speak to the pharmacist if your surgery is closed ..they will good  offer good advice or 111 if you are in Uk..good luck 
    • Posted

I think the conversations got mixed up.  I wasn’t the one who took baking powder by mistake.  It was Mikki who had the problem.
  • Posted

No,

other than it won't work as well b

ecause you drank acidic substances (like tartrate) with it and some corn starch.

Have a look at the ingredient list of your specific baking powder. 

You might get gas if you can't digest corn starch uncooked well as bacteria like to eat it and .... poop gas.

It will pass though.

The anit acid effect will be not the same as baking soda either as you have taken a part of it's working power by adding acids to it within the baking powder. But it will not erode anything, it will just not work the same.

You will be fine.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.