Drastic Weight loss

Posted , 4 users are following.

in 3-4 weeks I have lost over 1 stone. This is not planned and I whilst Ima all sort of medication for back pain amongst other things. I cant understand what is happening to me.

My GP has sent bloods away for test on thyroid, Liver and Pancreas and they are all back clear. The GP says it's not the medication so I am left a little concerned.

3 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Unintentional loss of more than 5% of your weight over 6 to 12 months is usually a cause for concern. Unintentional weight loss could be a sign of serious illness or disease or something as minor as a stomach virus. Unintentional weight loss is most prevalent in people with pre-existing medical conditions. Some people who experience this symptom suffer from a variety of diseases including diabetes, AIDS and depression. Sometimes it may happen because of alcohol misuse or drug misuse, heart, kidney, liver disease, Addison’s disease, TB, gastroenteritis, or HIV. Consult your doctor. Once the condition is corrected, the weight loss should subside.
  • Posted

Hi,

This is a bit late but I have the same problem (although I have many other symptoms too.

I was wondering did it subside eventually? 

• Posted

Hi just wondered how have you been getting on with your weight loss? 
  • Posted

I will like to suggest you to take some calories and protein rich supplementary powder regularly with your food. So that, you will gain some weight.
  • Posted

Hi how are you ? We are going thought the sme thing with my partner he has lost a stone and half in a month going though tests....

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.