Dreading bedtime

Posted , 6 users are following.

Does anyone else dread going to bed because they know they are going to wake up with a hot flash and sweating at 3 am? i know it's getting bad when i don't want to go to bed!

1 like, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

YEP ME!!!! I WAKE UP WITH THAT AND HORRIBLE ANXIETY AND SHAKES. THE LAST 2 MORNINGS HAVE BEEN BETTER THO. MY HRT AND NEW ANXIETY MEDS I THINK ARE WORKING. I HAVEN'T BEEN THIS GOOD IN MONTHS. ITS WONDERFUL TO HAVE SOME OF ME BACK AND HOPING IT JUST GETS BETTER EVERY DAY.

• Posted

Oh thank God I'm not the only one dreading sleep. are you still in peri? I am and i was wondering if this amount of hot flashes is normal. i have had the random night sweats before but this is getting ridiculous.

i am having some gall bladder issues too. i think some of the symptoms are crossing over. So i just took one anxiety pill, some fizzy antacids, and tylenol. I'm hoping maybe that will help

• Posted

I'm in menopause. Had a hysterectomy 6 years ago and after 6 months of not feeling good found out by bloodwork that I'm depleted in both estrogen and testosterone and bad. My dr even talked about my case with colleagues!

Ya I was getting hot flashes all day and night for a long time. Mine are mostly at night now. I have a nice little fan on my bedside table aimed at my face lol. I bathe at night and some mornings have to re wash my hair because it's drenched and gross when i wake up. I've even taken sleeping pills but that didnt work either. Best of luck getting a ffffffddffdfdffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff

• Posted

sorry my phone is acting up. meant to say best of luck getting a good and dry night sleep.

• Posted

yes. As I write this, I am about to use medical marijuana because I CAN NOT take any hormones and psychotropic medication hadn't helped me years ago when I was diagnosed with mental health issues.

So almost every night, as of late, my mary jane has assisted me getting some relief. It may not be welcomed for some but medical marijuana has been a godsend.

It has taken the edge off and allowed me to be able to get some sleep as some nights it is hell to sleep.

Good luck all

• Posted

Me to iam also peri had my first panic attack at 3am back in jan along with hot sweats and palpitations this happened most nights for months even rang an ambulance one night i thought i was having a heart attack and it was all put down to peri menopausal anxiety so i had 8 weeks off works but dreaded going bed things have eased off a little but i still do have a few nights a weeks when i wake and can feel my anxiety growing so i just watch tv in bed and try to ride through it easier said than done some nights iv never had anxiety before peri and its hit me like a ton of bricks iv had hot sweats for years as i had an hysterectomy at 39 iam now 46 there a breeze to deal with its all the other crap peri chucks at you,i have just brought one of them gel cooling pillows and along with a ceiling fan on the last week hasnt been as bad so good luck in getting a decent nights sleep iam now on my 6 month of crap sleep big hugs xx

• Posted

i did sleep a little better last night. but, i can't take that anxiety medicine every night and i haven't found anything else that works

• Posted

Yes but i dread it also because of the VIVID wacked out dreams, gas, tossing and turning, sometimes wake up soaked then im freezing. Wake up wth instant anxiety figity feeling in stomach exhausted only to do it all over again:(

• Posted

well i decided to take benadryl last night. I didn't wake up at all. it was a little hard getting up this morning so i think i will half the dose tonight.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.