Dream, dream, dream when I go to bed I wish I didn't!

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi everyone, especially the wonderful regular advisors.

Well, as some of you may know, I am in my third month on Cita starting on 10mg, then 20mg and now 30mg all spaced out nicely (as I've been at times!).

One of the various symptoms that has gotten gradually worse and really bizzare last night, for example, are the dreams! It is true that if I get up in the middle of the night I have, on a few occasions, returned to the same dream or, as usual, I start another. One night I got up three times and had a total of four different dreams. Each time I disturb my partner (the beautiful and understanding Ann) and relate the dream to her, so, she knows that these dreams happen during each period of sleep and we  discuss them later. None make much sense, even though they are well put together, and only a few can be related to what has happened the previous day or days.

Last night one of two (as I only got up once) was extremely dark and horrible. I have spoken before about a decrease in my libido and therefore, I guess, only one dream had a sexual content. By the way, thanks to Ann's understanding, we are ok with this.

However, overall I am getting tired of the constant dreaming even though I get a total somewhere between seven and a half to eight hours, albeit interrupted, sleep per night as I said I am getting tired and fed up with this.

Has anyone experienced this? or similar? Please, if you can, help, I would be grateful.

Thanks for listening,

David.

Ps I initially took my med at 15:00 each day then, because of the munchies later, I decided to move this later to about 18:00 or the same time of our evening meal. Do you think I should take it later just before bed?

Answers on a postcard to "Confused of Devon" LOL!

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi David,

I am on Citalopram myself and I usually get very strange and unusual dreams and sometimes nightmares.

I think it's possibly a normal thing when you're on this medication.

Have been to your doctor to seek help about this?

It's very good your partner is very supportive of this, as it's not the nicest thing to have. Maybe a slight sleeping pill will knock you over the edge as I tried this a few times and I had maybe one dream if that.

If they're very worrying then your best bet is your GP.

Hope all is well. (apart from the obvious)

Rx

• Posted

Hi R,

Thanks for tthe thoughts. At the moment the dreams are something I don't look forward to and can kinda tolerate at the mo. I don't use drugs unless specifically advised to so, sleeping pills are out.

If these get toward nightmares then I shall talk again with my GP who, is so up on sticking plasters for the brain I know I am lucky having her.

Thanks again, David

• Posted

Hi David (Confused of Devon!)

I take my tablet about 10-10.30pm at night. I get up about once a night, i must dream but don't remember them.

Hope this helps x

• Posted

Hi,

I did take my tablet at 22:30(ish) last night and think I had a slightly better night, but still dreamt. Time will tell and I'll keep you all updated.

Thanks, have a good weekend! x

• Posted

Hi David, this all sounds familiar to me, when my dose was increased from 20 to 40 I started having horrendous dreams and some very dark and disturbing to the point I was even waking up fighting imaginary people, when I woke I would note down my dreams which I'm sure would give a dream analyst a good run for their money. The Dr reduced it back down to 20 I must still dream but don't really remember them now or wake up in a panic. So it could be related to the increase.

Tina x

• Posted

Hi Tina,

How are you doing? Well I hope!

Think you are right definitely increase related and became more precise as the weeks have gone by.

I started taking the tablets (10+20mg) at 22:30(ish) last night and, even though I still dreamed, did have a slightly better night.

As I have mentioned to macymoo, time will tell and I'll keep you all updated.

Thanks for your reply and have a good weekend.

David x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.