Dreaming

Posted , 8 users are following.

I have had some really really disturbing dreams lately - I am on 100 sertraline and hoping I can increase to 150 because I feel like effects of 100 are wearing off and I keep getting brain zaps... Going to doctors next week to discuss.... Anyway these dreams on sertraline are really really weird. I don't want to say what it was because it was so awful and messed up. It involved a deceased family member and it was vile. It was awful. Anyone else have weird dreams that traumatised them? Any advice? I take my tablet of 100 in the early morning 

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi Jane,I have just been put up to 100mg of sertaline, since then I have also been having very strange and vivid dreams not horrifying as such, just really weird. How long you been on sertaline? 
  • Posted

I was on sertraline 100mg for two years. For the first few weeks I had very vivid and unsettling dreams/nightmares. This is common when you are starting sertraline for the first time or increasing the dosage. My dreams gradually became less vivid after about four weeks. Hope this helps.
  • Posted

I'm on 50mg tablets and have also have some very disturbing dreams which effects me when I wake up as it plays on my mind. 
  • Posted

Weird drug...was On 50mg 2mths....o.K. Upped to 75MG....Had a bad month on it..Dreams starting to bother me. All my subconscious comes alive sort of scary.Got a review who knows.. I am generally tired due to dream pattern. Oh joy. X

• Posted

hello yes whe i took sertraline every night have the most powerful dreams to he point they was efecting reaity, im duse to start them today and reading your post reminded me what i have to look forward to lets hope this time i have nice dreams smile

good luck

• Posted

Hello

Im actually selfishly glad that I came across your post. I started having bad haunting dreams when I started  taking sertraline and it worried me.

My dreams aren't so scary now, I've been taking these for a few months, but I do still have some very vivid dreams, and told i twitch and restless in my sleep.

This leaves me quite tired during the day and im going to mention it to my gp.

Hope your dreams improve soon smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.