Dreams

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi all, Ive been on cit for about 7 months now, its slow going but I am progressing to recovery, im pretty certain of that. My question is regarding some very vivid dreams im having, they can be about absolutely anything but in them I have the most severe depression/anxiety where there is absolutely no hope for me, theyre freaking me out a little as im now thinking these dreams will become reality. Has anyone else suffered from horrible dreams whilst on cit? Thanks.... Luke

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi Luke I have been on cit 20mg about 6 months now and the last month I have experienced vivid dreams can't explain why I assume it's the stresses I have endured really weird dreams about birth not in the natural ways! Murders etc! freaky!!!

I assume it's part of the course!

Good luck

I don't think they will come reality I sure don't want mine too!!

Emz

• Posted

I still sometimes get vivid dreams, but not always.  Strangely last night I dreamt I was in a concentration camp - really disturbing dream frown

• Posted

Has anyone else suffered from vivid dreams?! How about multiple vivid dreams!!!

Welcome to the club Luke.

As I type this reply I hear groans coming from the ether of some forumers going "oh! no! it's him and his dreams again!" Well, yes folks! I'm back! You may also notice a little "up" too, this morn. Anyway, go put the kettle on or something while I talk to Luke.

I was taking Cita in the evening around meal time when I started getting multiple and vivid dreams. I posted for help and some wonderfully kind soul suggested taking them it a bedtime as it may help. Well, I was becomng a little desparate and slightly dispairing to say the least as if I got up (no matter how many times!) I would return to the same or start a new dream! It helped that my partner would let me talk about them, sometimes there and then. Bless!

It certainly "freaked me out" too as I worried about a lot of things (mostly imagined). Fortunately, my Doctor and this forum kept me feet (or at least one of them!) on the ground most of the time.

Try not to worry too much and if it gets heavy come here to unload matey!

Regards,

David

• Posted

Thank you emz, kate and david..... the last two nights ive slept like a baby log! ........ barely dreamt anything!
    • Posted

Good for you here's to a third night! Iv had a hard day at work so I'm hoping it's an uneventful sleep!!

👍😁

• Posted

Hi Luke! I have just joined up because I find myself in a similar situation too.

I have been on 20mg of cit since October 2013, and it has only been since last year that I noticed my dreams having taken on a rather strange tangent. My brain has also been 'recording' my dreams of the previous night and have them reappear in a weird churned up scenario the following night. This is exarcebated if I have had a stressful or anxiety fuelled day. When I mentioned this to my doctor he just waved it all away casually and told me not to fret about it eventhough I have woken up on several occasions with a start because of a tightening around my chest.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.