Dreams/Nightmares

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi all I just wondered if anybody else has suffered bad dreams and nightmares as a side effect of Sertraline. Some of my nightmares are really disturbing and can put me out for a whole day. has anyone else experienced this? Other than that the side effects have been pretty minimal.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

When my doctor increased my dosage to 50mg I noticed that I started having awful dreams they seemed so vivid but as time passed they went away thank god. So hang in there
    • Posted

I go through phases of having nightmares anyway so wasn't sure if it was me or the Sertraline!! Hopefully it'll get better like yours
  • Posted

Hi Sapphire07,

I have not had dreams/nightmares since I was a child but I have noticed that since starting Sertraline in February I have been having them every night, to the point where I woke myself up one night by kicking out (playing football!). I guess this is some kind of side effect as I have seen other people mention vivid dreams on this site.

• Posted

That's ok then as long as I'm not the only one!! It's a bit weird waking up in floods of tears about something that hasn't even happened 😂

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.