Dreams waking me at night, advice needed!

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi,

I am at my wits end because of my sleep problems. I don’t have trouble falling asleep at all, I fall asleep within 2 minutes and sleep like a rock for about 3-5 hours, usually waking between 2 and 4AM That’s when I start dreaming, not bad dreams, nice dreams actually. I dream of friends, family, etc, but when the dream is over my body wakes up and I cannot fall back to sleep. I average between 3-4 hours of sleep a night and it's really starting to affect me. I have been getting headaches, lightheaded and brain fog during the day.

Does anyone have this problem too and how can I resolve it?

Thanks in advance!

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi i been having similar symptoms to urs for about 9 months now. I been having excessive dreaming where i go to bed and wake up after 4-5 hours from a dream. And then when i go back to bed i dream again and again. Before this 9 month period i use to dream very rarely. Also does the dreaming leave u feeling tired and eye soreness throughout the day. I do experience brain fog as well but i use to have headaches but not soo much of that anymore. Do u struggle with anxiety/stress, depression? Because i struggle with stress/anxiety and it seems to be correlated to that. I have talked to a bunch of people who have similar symptoms to ours and they struggle with those things which is probably which is causing us to enter the dream state so quick and not get that refreshing sleep at all.

• Posted

Hi,

Thank you for your reply. The problem with me is that after the dream wakes me up I can't fall back to sleep for a few hours or not at all. Yes, I am totally exhausted but I don't have eye soreness and I do have brain fog on the nights that I don't sleep as well as headaches and lightheadedness . It also just zaps my energy. No, I don't have anxiety or depression. As far as stress, yes a bit since the pandemic started but my sleep problems started before the pandemic.

How are you able to fall back to sleep?

• Posted

so I've had the dreaming problem for 9 months now and in the beginning when the problem occurred i would wake up from what appears to be a dream and would take me nearly an hour to go back to bed. And my mom would tell me to don't focus on ur dream if u wake up, just keep a clear mind and go back to bed. She was totally right, because when i would wake in the middle of the night from a dream i would sit their in bed just thinking about what i dreamed about. And so i think now that i'm use to this happening to me every night, i just close my eyes and try not to think of anything when i wake up from a dream.

• Posted

That's my problem, my mind thinks of everything after I wake up.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.