Dreses

Posted , 3 users are following.

I tried my dress on that I have had for 3 years was going to wear it to my daughters wedding on Saturday. It is a little bit to big so went shopping this morning ( haven't done that in months) couldn't find a new one I liked so going to wear the one I have with a nice shrug and hat. My consultant told me if I am stressed on Friday and it kicks my IBS to take half a Imodium I am determined to stay calm and stress free

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi Susan,since i started with thei disease ive lost about 1 stone in weight,i wasnt too heavy to start with ,i was a size 14 now im about 10/12.I find if i have the diahroea for a while i loose more then put it back on.Have a lovely time at the wedding this weekend,its not everydy your daughter gets married and i hope th.e weather is kind.All the best
  • Posted

For some, including me, stress plays a role in this disease.  Controlling it easier said than done.  I am going on a very expensive holiday on Saturday  and am terrified that I will have an attack between now and then.  I am absolutely paranoid about what to eat.  I hope everything goes well for you Susan and you have a lovely time at the wedding.
    • Posted

Thank you Lyn I hope your holiday goes well and you have a fantastic time. Yes I know stress plays apart in my DD and IBS I try to stay chilled out but find it hard with 5 children 9 grandchildren and one great grandson. Some one is always falling out of friends. My youngest son isn't going on Saturday due to a fall out he had with his sister. They are both in there forties so you would think they would learn x

• Posted

Hi Lyn,where are you going on holiday?
    • Posted

Hi Yvonne, I am going on a river cruise in Portugal.  I already have my antibiotilcs just in case!
    • Posted

Hope you have a lovely time.Im going on a med cruise in September,it can be worrying though.Good you have your antibiotics,these can play havoc with me as well though.Its always hard when away from home with the different foods,I try and eat only bland foods which is very boring.
    • Posted

Thank you Yvonne,  I will be so relieved when I am actually sitting on the boat!  Like you, I do not like taking the antibiotics, I get horrible side effects from them.  However I am too scared not to take them.   Likewise too there are all those lovely foods that are a no-no, it's just not worth the risk.  xxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.