Dress sizes and weights ladies??

Posted , 5 users are following.

Just wondering what peoples dress sizes and weights are??

I've been on orlistat for 6 months now starting at 17st 9.5lb and was a size 18 (although some were a squeeze). I'm 5ft 5 and even though I have lost over 4 stone I've only gone down to a 16! So frustrating as it's been years and years since I was a 14 so dying to go down another size!

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hia smile 

I was 15stone and a size 20 bottom and size 18 top, Im 5ft4, I've always said though that clothes makers don't make allowances for women who have had children (I've had 7) .if the clothes were cut properly I'd possibly be an 18 all over, I've got 4 stone more to lose to take me to 9stone and I'll bet money on it that I'll still be wearing a size 14!

Don't worry too much about it it's all sent to try us, just keep up the fantastic work xxxx 

• Posted

It really does depend on body build, if you have a bust or not lovely Im 20st and a size 22 top and 20 bottoms.

It also depends on where you are carrying the weight.  Lots to consider. 

Plus depends on the cut of the clothes where you buy them from etc.

4 stone is amazing well done. xxx

• Posted

Wow youv'e done so well girls with weight loss smile  I am only just 5' 2".  I have always been top heavy, but when I put on this weight my boobs shot up from 36 to 44 and no waist my little hips that were 35" shot up to 42", I have got what is described as a huge muffin top lol, my bust act as a drip tray when I eat or when I was eating, I am shrinking now weighing in at 12.7 st have a long way to go 10 stone would be great but ideally 9st 7lbs would be so much better.  Have got rid of all size 20 clothes and almost everything of size 18 hopefully tomorrow the last remaining item of size 18 will be gone too.  Wearing 16's now but we all know it depends where we bought our clothes from they vary so much in sizing its ridiculous.  Got a long way to go yet...........but I am on the road and getting there smile

• Posted

I'm 5'3 and currently 13 stone 3 having lost half a stone in the last 4 weeks.

I am a comfortable 18 top now (I'm not tiny chested), and my size 18 bottoms are falling off me. I've thrown away all my size 20s - I'm never going back there.

I'm a bit worried about trying on size 16s though - 18s are nearly falling off but if 16s don't fit i could be a bit disheartened.

I'm very muscular so I don't think I'll ever be less than a 14, but that would suit me nicely.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.