Drinking after gallbladder removed.

Posted , 5 users are following.

Has anyone had any problems with drinking alcohol after surgery. Heard a few stories. Would like to know. Am not a big drinker but with Christmas coming up just would like the warnings. Or hopefully no problems.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

absolutley not. Too much meds. You will not want it anyway. Too much pain with any movement. Just sleep. 
  • Posted

Think it might depend how long ago you had it. .. and what you might drink. .. mine was done day before Thanksgiving. .. i finally decided to try a drink Saturday for the fights. .. ive been getting wicked heartburn on occasion and still get some gas.. so depending on what you try to drink could cause some upset. .. i tried a Mikes hard lemonade (black raspberry ) and had to sip it slow or i would get the hiccups or some gas in my chest. ... couldn't even imagine what beer may have done! !!

• Posted

No problem.
    • Posted

I had it done 11 days ago. On no medication at all. No problem with any foods. Just have a bit off soreness in tummy still now. So was hoping Xmas eve be able to have a few lagers. I've not suffered with any gas or any heartburn. Think I been quite lucky compared to some on these posts.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.