Drinking alcohol most evening and waking feeling terrible

Posted , 9 users are following.

This discussion has been locked due to a period of inactivity. Start a new discussion

I been drinking alcohol for 6 nights in a row now I woke up this morning feeling awful I suffer serverly with health anxiety that's why I drink in the evenings to feel better I've got pain all on my left side by my breast and under my arm pit I'm so scared I'm having a heart attack or something serious is wrong can anyone relate to how I'm feeling please x

2 likes, 23 replies

23 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi Kezzi,

First things first, you're not alone. I'm on the tail end of a recent 4 day alcohol binge and am currently going through withdrawals. The smartest decision you can make right now is to see a doctor. IF you've been drinking for this long there's a good chance your body will go through some kind of withdrawal and I can tell you first hand it's unpleasant but not something you need to go through without help. As far as the health anxiety goes I'm sure there's some kind of great support network available not only here online but also via psychological or medical professionals. Good luck and look after yourself x

Dim

• Posted

Yes, I understand your fears and I sympathise with you.  Only one thing can put your mind at rest and that is to have your pains checked out by a doctor.  Please, please seek medical help.

Keep us informed, I will be waiting for a reply,

Pat xx

• Posted

I'm only 23 I've had lots of ecg done at a and e last one about a month ago doctors just put it all down to anxiety and tell me to cut down drinking but it's not that easy when u rely on it to make yourself feel better x
    • Posted

Yes, I understand.  Perhaps it's time to have some couselling of some sort, or have you already gone down that road?  You are so young, you should be out and about, enjoying yourself, making the best of your youth.  I wish I could help you, but all I can do is offer support and a shoulder.  

Using alcohol to ease your anxiety is just a cover up, it just masks the real reasons for how you feel....I am sure you know that already.

There will be plenty of help on here, so keep tuned in.

I drink every night for pretty much the same reasons as you, but I am trying (and succeding) to cut down on the amount I drink.  I am not brave or strong enough to contemplate abstaining yet!  

Take care and keep your chin up.

Pat xx

• Posted

hi kezzi, im guessing alot of your aches are going to be because of the alcohol.. really..

but once your body gets used to functioning without it, alot of aches and pains will subside, however the heart attack feelings are very scary, Id definately get a second opinion for that. does it hurt when you breathe in , like not when your moving around and such, but do you find that its associated with your breathing ?

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion

Report as inappropriate

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up