Drinking alcohol most evening and waking feeling terrible

Posted , 9 users are following.

I been drinking alcohol for 6 nights in a row now I woke up this morning feeling awful I suffer serverly with health anxiety that's why I drink in the evenings to feel better I've got pain all on my left side by my breast and under my arm pit I'm so scared I'm having a heart attack or something serious is wrong can anyone relate to how I'm feeling please x

2 likes, 23 replies

23 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi Kezzi,

First things first, you're not alone. I'm on the tail end of a recent 4 day alcohol binge and am currently going through withdrawals. The smartest decision you can make right now is to see a doctor. IF you've been drinking for this long there's a good chance your body will go through some kind of withdrawal and I can tell you first hand it's unpleasant but not something you need to go through without help. As far as the health anxiety goes I'm sure there's some kind of great support network available not only here online but also via psychological or medical professionals. Good luck and look after yourself x

Dim

• Posted

Yes, I understand your fears and I sympathise with you.  Only one thing can put your mind at rest and that is to have your pains checked out by a doctor.  Please, please seek medical help.

Keep us informed, I will be waiting for a reply,

Pat xx

• Posted

I'm only 23 I've had lots of ecg done at a and e last one about a month ago doctors just put it all down to anxiety and tell me to cut down drinking but it's not that easy when u rely on it to make yourself feel better x
    • Posted

Yes, I understand.  Perhaps it's time to have some couselling of some sort, or have you already gone down that road?  You are so young, you should be out and about, enjoying yourself, making the best of your youth.  I wish I could help you, but all I can do is offer support and a shoulder.  

Using alcohol to ease your anxiety is just a cover up, it just masks the real reasons for how you feel....I am sure you know that already.

There will be plenty of help on here, so keep tuned in.

I drink every night for pretty much the same reasons as you, but I am trying (and succeding) to cut down on the amount I drink.  I am not brave or strong enough to contemplate abstaining yet!  

Take care and keep your chin up.

Pat xx

• Posted

hi kezzi, im guessing alot of your aches are going to be because of the alcohol.. really..

but once your body gets used to functioning without it, alot of aches and pains will subside, however the heart attack feelings are very scary, Id definately get a second opinion for that. does it hurt when you breathe in , like not when your moving around and such, but do you find that its associated with your breathing ?

• Posted

The symptoms you discribe, are verry simular to the symtoms of Chronic Hyperventilating, You have a streching pain under your left armpit and this is spreading over your whole Thoracic diaphragm. (Torax)

Mostly you feel better holding your left breast, and think this is releasing you from the pains. (one of the biggest known example is Napoleon Boneparte who was alway's holding his left breast)

If an Electric Cardiogram is showing negative result, you can easily relax and accept that there is nothing wrong with your hearth.

Usaly when you come on the point your boddy is starting to relax, you have a shock like feeling in this region. (this feeling is very strong and feels heart attack like)

Alcohol releases you from this feeling, but at the moment you stop drinking the feeling comes back two or three times stronger.

Normaly in the hospital, when they are taking a ECG, they also mesure the amount of oxigene in your blood. (white little cap on your left hand pointing finger), they should have informed you about the quantity of this.

What I say here is speculation, for sure talk to your GP about this and bring op the Hyperventilating possibility.

Good luck,

Escar

• Posted

Kezzi, please see the doctor, simply to put your mind at rest – I have been in your shoes and really know how you are feeling. Anxiety is a terrible thing and will make everything feel 100 times worse.

An apology as this is your post Kezzie and you are asking for help but I have to comment regards to Anthony’s post. Anthony I don’t personally believe your post is helpful what so ever – yes you have been through the mill and thank god you are ok but why come on here preaching to people who are crying out for help and advice, myself one of them – Yes the world would be great if we were all as strong willed and as determined as you( Lucky you eh….) but unfortunately we are not and you spouting derogatory comments does not help how scared Kezzie, or myself and any other person on the forum feels right now. Big thumbs up to you as you are such a strong person – Do you read the Daily Mail by any chance? Sara xxx

• Posted

Hi Sara thanks for replying I don't know who he thinks he is but why come on here and say such horrible things I never even commented back to him waste of time just glad I have people like u that respond to me with nice comments no I don't ready the paper is there something in there I should be reading? My anxiety has got a little better from my meds (sertraline 50mg) but still suffering as drinking on them thanks so much for your reply and hopefully I will start to get better I don't rely on alcohol it's just like something to do in the evenings sometimes I go all week without it and just drink on weekends but last week has been every night xxxx
    • Posted

Oh Kezzi I was asking if HE reads the Daily Mail not you....It’s a paper that adores judging and belittling people enjoys looking down on folk!!!!!

I don't post much but why oh why spout about how 'strong' he is - yep he has gone thought sh*t but ain't we all- I could write a long book...!!!

I have had every addiction going ( apart from sex addiction - Just my luck Hahah!!) and it doesn't make us weak - what makes us strong is coming on here and asking for support and advice from those who understand -which is actually what makes us stronger!! Rant over....

I am like you, I don't drink everyday either but personally when I do… I DO!! Also my Doc has just started me on Sertraline so fingers crossed eh - I believe Kezzie we are here as we want to change and get comfort from eachothers experiences .. I was so scared regarding pains and palpitations I ended up going to A&E and all was ok but I have very aware now of the anxiety booze causes and I still panic every day. I have joined a site called 'No Panic' who are brilliant. Are you in the UK? Please Pm me - If there is anything I can do to help I will xxxx Big hugs xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

• Posted

[quote]I'm only 23 I've had lots of ecg done at a and e last one about a month ago doctors just put it all down to anxiety[/quote]

I thought in Kezzi's case he had visited the medic's several times.

It's not critic what I deliver, though, how many times do we need confirmation that we are not in a dangerous situation.

I do agree, you allway's should remain under medical guidence.

I do agree we all have those paranoia ideas we might die, I realy do.

I also want to say, I realy hope the situation Kezzie's in will sease off.

But facts are facts, soft medicins create stinking wounds.

There is no way of easy detox, hopfully you need to go trough it only once.

I think Kezzie, after a few Electro Gardiograms you realy need to put your mind at rest and accept, your heart is not in danger.

Stay on your path, we are all here to guid you trough the proces, but at the end, you realy need to do it by yousellf.

Good luck,

Escar

• Posted

Hi I seen my gp this morning about these pains she did my blood pressure felt the area where I'm experiencing the pain but she couldn't feel anything she just says it's all to do with my anxiety I called and refered myself to some counselling which is on 25th also she told me to download a yoga app and 7 minute workout so I'm going to give them a go my blood pressure was fine but this pain is still worrying me but she said it's not my heart and to not worry but I still think it is it's such a horrible thing anxiety o hate it lets hope there is a light at the end of the tunnel also has referred me to someone about drinking too much alcohol she just told me to try and cut down on how much I'm drinking so in not going to drink 2night and see how I feel thanks x
  • Posted

I wonder if we went onto a forum for drug addiction or self harming or depression or being gay.....would Anthony be on there too ,....... telling everyone to 'get a grip' !
    • Posted

Haha Boo .... We are really playing into his conceited hands here – I was soooo annoyed my last post to Kezzie is moderated!! Will be for public viewing later – Bah I didn’t even swear on this very rare occasion!!

Really though posts like his should be ignored but I couldn’t help myself! His opinion is not relevant and should be ignored – Bet he votes conservative!! Meeowwwwwwwww!!! Sara xxxxxxxxxx

• Posted

Well in that case, he could run overhours just on me.

I'm jewish, punk, gay, addict, depressed and sellf harming (gee I should be a Rock and Roll star), the only thing what would be missing is being dark of colour, if this, I would be the most ideal fictim of hearing the words, get a grip.

• Posted

Marry Meeee!! Escarargot - you are mty twin!!!!
    • Posted

As long as you don't want to marry me a do agree :-)

• Posted

I am quite cross that my post and several others to Anthony have been deleted although none of them were rude, simply stated that his comments weren't helpfull and wouldn't be tolerated by the rest of us.. I see the moderator has spoken to him so we shall wait for his apology to Kezzi then!
    • Posted

I deleted the replies as well as the original post as they became meaningless without the original comment, not because they said anything wrong. I deactivated the account so there won't be an apology from Anthony. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.