drinking alcohol on orlistat

Posted , 13 users are following.

hi i am new and i have just started to take the lil blue pills and i have had my first accident with the orange oil which really scared me lol.

I was just wondering what will happen if i drink alcohol on these pills, does any one know?

if so which alcohol is the best to drink?

i normally drink vodka lime and lemonade, i just don’t want to have an o / oil accident while i am out.

Thanks

1 like, 16 replies

16 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I have been on the tablets 3 weeks now and asked the same question. I have been able to drink wine g&t ad a few beers and had no side effects. My doc said that because there is no fat just calories it should not cause a side effect.
  • Posted

Yip ur rite.

I don`t really drink much so Im not much use for advice. But there`s no fat in alcohol so u should be safe enough.

(Just don`t get p*ssed and have a kebab.... :lol: :lol: :lol: )

• Posted

thanks for the replies

i some times drink vodka red bull which is high in sugar do you think that would effect it.

think i will just stick to vodka lime n lemonade just to be on the safe side lol

yeah i dnt really eat kebas so sud be ok hahaha

• Posted

Hey Vickie,

So far I've had wine, cider and brandy(not all at same time!) :oops: and no side effects as the others have said there's no fat but do watch the sugar. It won't cause the dreaded o/oil :twisted: but too much sugar as you know can make you gain weight. Stick to spirits as they have least calories.

Sound like a right old alchy don't I?

TTFN Kal :wink:

• Posted

I'll let you know how i get on this weekend with my scottish lads, i end up drinking fosters, cider, vodka and whiskey so should be interesting!

At least they all eat noodles when drunk and not kebabs!!!!

• Posted

:lol: :lol:
  • Posted

[quote:13bb692db7=\"Kal.theartist\"]Hey Vickie,

So far I've had wine, cider and brandy(not all at same time!) :oops: and no side effects as the others have said there's no fat but do watch the sugar. It won't cause the dreaded o/oil :twisted: but too much sugar as you know can make you gain weight. Stick to spirits as they have least calories.

Sound like a right old alchy don't I?

TTFN Kal :wink:[/quote:13bb692db7]

yup!!! lol :wink:

• Posted

Thanks 4 the vote of confidence Shoeandbaglady :!:

You're supposed to say \"No Kal, you don't sound like an old lush at all :!: :lol: :lol: :lol:

• Posted

Right i managed to drink all the above with no side effect yayyyyyyyyyyyyy, At least I wont have to give up my cherished vodka :lol:

I just dont dare get on the scales!!!!! :shock:

• Posted

:lol: :lol:

At least u had a good weekend.

• Posted

Hi all,

Been reading all ur experiences and was well prepared for the 'oil'! I've been there done that now! not too bad but would try to avoid it!!!

I have been on orlistat for about 3 weeks now and haven't lost any weight.

I have been eating low fat meals, most of the time I have only been having about 15g of fat in a whole day. I do like my booze though and wonder if the combination of the low fat (perhaps not enough) and booze is stopping me from losing weight. I have been having 4 scotch & diet cokes a night, some people smoke to unwind of an evening I drink.

I go up the gym regularly and REALLY enjoy it. I do all sorts of different workouts and classes.

I have been put on orlistat because I have put on 1 and half stone since January and feel back problems when I put on weight being only 4'11\" but since hitting 47 I cannot lose it by dieting alone and I feel like a little barrel!!!!

I am going to cut out my drinking and see what happens, I gotta do it or these tablets could be wasted on me and I know how hard its been for people to get their doctors to put them on them!!

Making my appointment for 2 weeks time to be weighed, will let you all know how I get on. (If you dont mind!)

Li'l jan

• Posted

Of course we don't mind :!: You're part of the GANG :!: :!:

But am a bit worried about you only having 15g of fat a day!!! That is very low and if your body doesn't get enough it goes into famine mode and starts to store fat to ride out the famine! Maybe you could try and stick to the recommended 50g a day split into 3 meals and see how that pans out?

Give it a go, you've nothing to lose but weight :D

• Posted

yes- u said it perfectly. it is a widely believed notion which is wrongly believed as well- that taking no fat or least amount of fat is good for the body. it is just the oppssite. u do not give the body enough of the necessary good fat- the body starts procuring on its own. it goes into "survival mode". that is so not good cuz that would only make u gain fat from meagre foods too and reducing weight later on becomesa a serious pain in the ass. so keep a balance and alcohol can be an "occassional" thing not a regular basis condiment
  • Posted

Hi Kal,

Thank you sooo much for replying :D I think you could be right because I have tried to only have one meal a day in the past usually the evening meal and only meat & veg but I didnt lose weight then, but I found my waiste area felt more solid and went 'dimpley'. As you say stored fat :cry:

I eat oatibix for breakfast, skimmed milk, crispbreads x4 with low fat spread and a slice of ham (thin) on each, for dinner a meal under 10g of fat.

Doesn't look like much does it :? But I'm up the gym most days burning calories so perhaps I need to eat more as you say :!:

Thanks again for the advice :wink: I will have to rethink my diet and perhaps not be so skimpy with my food, it seems the harder I try the results just don't happen :cry:

Thanks again Kal

• Posted

Whenever I drink alcohol on these tablets I constantly have the side effects! Everytime does anyone else?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.