Drinking alcohol while taking elquis and plavix?

Posted , 7 users are following.

I have been diagnosed with a blood clot taking elquis and plavix is it safe to drink alcohol?

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

My husband drinks with eliquis. He has been taking it for 2 years now, with no problems.

He doesn't drink every day!

• Posted

I cannot locate any reference in the leaflet that accompanies the medication that advises alcohol abstinence.

I have been taking Apixaban for two years now and have not had any adverse reaction to drinking alcohol.

• Posted

Are you taking it for AF? Alcohol acts as a trigger for many people. I was precribed Plavix for a month and the leaflet did say that alcohol should be avoided.  
  • Posted

No experience or awareness of Plavix, so cannot advise on the contraindications of alcohol.

However, it is not referenced as something to avoid in the Apixaban leaflet or literature.

Drinking when taking Warfarin does impact upon its effectiveness.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.