Drinking and anxiety

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hello, just woke up after a night of drinking and I'm feeling really bad anxiety. I am taking 10mg of celexa daily and I'm wondering if anyone else experiences anxiety after drinking alcohol and also any advice anyone may have as to what I could do now to relax. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks. -C

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hey, this happens to me almost every time I drink, make sure you drink plenty of water to rehydrate (alchole dehydrates you) and eat somthing even if it's a small snack then try and watch a funny film or somthing and it will soon ease may take a while but remeber it will eventually .
    • Posted

Thank you for your response. Will definitely try and eat something and am currently drinking water as well. X
  • Posted

I still have alcohol even though I take Cit.  I've been on the meds for years and didn't want to have no alcohol all that time ..... noooooo.

Some people react differently.  Just go careful next time and don't drink as much, and definitely agree to have water too to rehydrate and a snack.

K x

• Posted

Hi,

I always feel ten times worse with anxiety the day after when ive had a drink, im currently taking fluoxetine, which i think is simular to celexa, but if i drink on them the next day is awful, i always find having a bath helps as it relaxs your muscles, then have a hot drink and just relax either in bed or on the sofa, another thing is next time you have a drink try to limit how much you have, that always makes a difference for me.

Jo x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.