Drinking and taking citalopram 20mg

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hello....

I was drinking last night and got very drunk. I didn't black out or anything... Had a wicked time actually smile felt good to have fun... Just now I'm worried when I should take my tablet? Because normally I take it soon as I wake up in the morning which is early... I have been in cit 20mg for 6 weeks. Had all the normal horrible side effects at the start. I do feel much much better.... But still not right at all and I don't wish to come off them anytime soon either.

Please please will someone reply. Because I feel like I want to take the tablet but, I also feel very hungover

Thank you xxx

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

hi i always take mine after a sesh the next mirning whether or not am hungover. thats me though so be careful. also thanks to this forum i recently found out to take mine on a night before bed benefits me hugely as i am sleeping much better. hope u feel less hungover soon xx
  • Posted

Thanks for replying sweetie... I just took it now. I just didn't want it to counteract with the alcohol. Sooo do you normally take your tablet in the mornings? But when you're going on a night out so switch it to the evening?

xxx

• Posted

hey chick i have been on them about 6 years and have always taken it on a morning, i only joined here a few weeks back and others said they took on a night so for last week i have been too and i sleep appallingly but this last wk i have slept much much better. iactually saw my dr yday as i read (again on here) how severe weight gain is and my dr clarified this is a good factor in why i hsve gained so much. i have decided work towrds coming off them over course next few months.  i work nights mon-fri so only drink sat and sun eve so i cant say i will remember to take me tablet on an eve before bed wkends. bad i know haha xx
  • Posted

Hi Tayla,

Im in exactly the same situation, been on Cit for 6 weeks, have always been reluctant to drink too much alcohol, and I love to drink. Last night I thought what the hell and went all out on the whiskey. Had an awesome night, best time I've had in ages, no dramas the next day to my relief other than being a little hung over as normal. I take my tablet in the morning, tried before I went to bed but there didn't seem to be any changes regarding side effects so reverted back to taking it in the mornings.

Agree, I don't see myself coming off the drug anytime soon either as I tend to still anxious but it soon passes.

Just relieved Cit seems to be working now and I can finally start getting my life back on track. Xx

• Posted

awh take care and i will be rough tomorrow off to me flatmate's 40th bday party this eve no whisky for me like haha xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.