drinking and taking too many pills

Posted , 9 users are following.

Can't seem to stop taking my propanolol tonight. Taken far more than I should (don't worry not enough to OD or anything) just hoping it will knock me out. 

So alone, so stuck in this depression rut. Meds aren't helping, therapy isn't helping, life is rubbish. What is the point?

Oh well, cheers!

0 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hello Fee, I am sorry your feeling so low. You give so much support to others on here, i also, yet we are stuck in our own ruts of depression and unhappiness. I am low myself so am not able to advice but just knowing that we can come here and know that we can get support is a great help. I realise that nobody can take our pain away, meds, therapy or people. Thou for some meds and therapy can help too a point. I stopped my meds and don't intend on taking them again. I have the added problem of being partially disabled, mobility is poor so cannot get about easily. Have arthritis and nuropathic pain. I live alone and crave company at times. If you have one positive thought for today know that you are unique and special!!

Big hugs.

Elizabeth xx 

• Posted

Aw, Elizabeth I am sorry to hear that you too are going through a rough patch. It's difficult with depression, it's always there but when it wants to it can rage through you for very long periods of time. Horrible periods of time. 

Do you feel better off the meds than when you were on them? I've been so careless with all mine that a part of me thinks I should slowly stop, I'm either taking far too many or not taking them at all. Not good. 

I'm sorry to hear about your poor health, I suppose that is the good thing about these sites, even when we are feeling lonely we can reach out so far without having to go anywhere and that is a lovely and very helpful thing x

• Posted

Hello Fee,

I did have Citalopram for about 12 months the last time and it helped with the paic attacks and anxiety. When i felt better instead of staying on the pills i decided to wean off them myself. I have not regretted doing so as the panic attacks have stayed away, the anxiety is manageable. The depression is the battle but at the moment i can cope without pills. 

These forums are a great support and knowing that others understand is a comfort.

Wishing you the best.

Elizabeth. xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.