Drinking on Lexapro 5 mg

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi Friends!

I recently posted this in the Celexa group, but since I am now switching to Lexapro, I figured I'd ask here as well 😃

I am about to start Lexapro 5 mg for anxiety and I'd love to hear everyone's experiences with social drinking. I'm 28 years old and and typically socialize by meeting friends for dinner, concerts, brunch, etc. where we always have a few drinks. I'd love to continue to do so even while I'm on Lexapro. I usually never have more than 2 drinks at a time (3 at the absolute max). I'm going to a bachelorette party in 2 weeks so I'm wondering if I'll be ok to partake by then!

Can anyone please share their experiences? and try not to scare me lol 😃

Thank you so much!

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi Erica

Been on Escitalopram (Lexapro) for 12 weeks now ( 8 weeks 5mg and 3 weeks 10mg).

I'm similar to you a social drinker and have a had a few drinks since I've been on the tabs. I do find i get a bit light headed and hot when drinking and the alcohol does seem to affect you quicker so have certainly not drunk too much, but this does seem to be decreasing the longer i have been on the tabs so it may have been getting used to the tabs or possibly being over sensitive to the thought of drinking.

I don't think id like to have a full on drinking session for a while yet, but a couple of drinks have been fine if that helps.

At the end of the day I think its a case of try and see how you go, you know your own body.

Paul

• Posted

hi! personally (i know i shouldnt but im a university first year), i drink a lot on lexapro 5mg. can make you tired and wanting food and bed earlier than usual but either eating or drinking more helps!

• Posted

Thank you Katie! That's really reassuring to know 😃 I can't imagine not having a few glasses of wine when I go out with my friends lol.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.