Drinking with mono

Posted , 4 users are following.

I was diagnosed with mono last week but have not had symptoms for a week now. I rarely feel fatigue but besides that i feel normal. Is it okay to drink a little bit of alcohol?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

additionally i want to add that i believe it is a mild case because the first few days all i had was a sore throat, no fever or any other symptoms. i have not had a sore throat since the first few days.

• Posted

i would avoid alcohol for awhile because your liver is compromised. drinking is also really hard on your body. you're lucky that its a mild case, so (as someone whose been sick for 5 months now) i would recommend not compromising that in any way! give it a few weeks at least.

• Posted

Hi Bob,

Everyone's journey and tolerance with this virus seems to be difference, on a personal level I would certainly agree with Willis that for me and most people it is wise if you can to avoid alcohol whilst going through mono. As Willis says the virus can sometimes make your liver levels off and taking alcohol can just worsen that.

It's important to do the right things to ensure a full recovery, it's good to hear that your symptoms have settled a bit but it's equally important to try and do the right things even when you have no symptoms during the weeks and months after diagnosis of this virus, eat well, drink water, take good vitamins and herbs, etc, avoiding sugar and alcohol always wise. I know it must be very frustrating for people who enjoy a drink, fortunately I've never been a drinker so it wasn't a big issue for me when going through the virus.

Craig

• Posted

I hope you didn't and haven't drank alcohol. The virus comprises your liver and spleen, which means drinking will cause elevated damage. Like cirrhosis damage. You're not even supposed to play sports for months because your spleen is delicate enough to burst. DON'T. DRINK.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.