Driven crazy by multiple fibroids!!!!

Posted , 4 users are following.

I was diagnosed with multiple fibroids  last year. I don't know how many but I do know one of them is 10cm in size. My periods were excruciatingly painful and a bloodbath with huge clots lost for at least a couple of days and the periods irregular, sometime twice monthly. I am an emotional wreck and cry at a drop of a hat. My stomach is bloated and sometimes when I bend over I can feel what I assume is a fibroid and sometimes it feels as if I might have stretched it. I feel "lumpy" and tender in a wide area and when examined I was sent for more blood tests and had to give a stool sample which were clear. I get out of breath easily, my chest often feels tight (a heart scan was clear). Just before Xmas I had a Hysteroscopy done where a polyp was removed and a mirena coil fitted. That was about 6 weeks ago now and since then I have bled virtually every day(although slight most days) and have only had a couple of days without menstrual cramps. I did head back to the Dr's where I was told to take Tranexamic tablets. I have an appointment with the gynocologist 12th March where I'm hoping she will still agree to key hole hysterectomy. I am literally feeling like I'm being driven crazy and wonder sometimes if it  is all in my head!. Has anyone else suffered this much and can you let me know how you dealt with it.

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Oh and as for my mood swings...up and down like a yo-yo and I can be a right stroppy mare!!
  • Posted

Poor you know the feeling, I have 1 I think 13cm. I'm heading for the same consult as you early March. Keep in touch.smile

• Posted

Hi Heather. Thanks for your reply. I hope all goes well for you and all is sorted soon. I will certainly keep in touch as I hope you will too razz
  • Posted

Hi there, I have been there.  Look into UFE (Uterine Fibroid Embolization).  I just had mine done 3 months ago and it saved me.  I no longer have heavy bleeding and the fibroids are shrinking.  Bring this up with your Dr.  
    • Posted

Hi BellaOne. Thanks for your reply and suggestion. I've at least have a good team behind me for which I'm grateful but there is nothing like speaking to people who know how hard these things can be for a woman.

• Posted

Oh very true......hang in there.  It will get better.....I too had my dark days dealing with this.  But there is a light at the end of the tunnel.  
    • Posted

Oh and Tracy.....your hemoglobin mus be low because of the heavy blood loss which is why you are having shortness of breath, chest tightness.  Look into taking iron pills.  It happened to me too. Also discuss with your Dr. 
    • Posted

I have just started taking a good quality iron tablet again. And your right there is light at the end of the tunnel. Just got to remember that. ☺
  • Posted

Good luck Tracy, I have had the same issues. Heavy bleeding, emotional wreck, anaemia etc. My fibroids stopped the coil being placed correctly so I bled pretty much the whole time I had it as it needs to be properly placed to work. My gyni put me on esmya for 3 months which gave me 3 months period free so I got my iron levels back. Then removed the coil and now I am waiting for an appointment for uterine fibroid embolization and a scan to check the fibroids and a cyst on my ovary. Dreading the op but can’t carry on like this. 

I did feel a lot better when I got my iron levels back up. Would recommend getting your iron levels checked.

i have a back support with a heat pad in it which helps with the aches and pains, worth the investment. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.