Driving?

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi guys,

I was in hospital with a lady who was told not to drive with her PE. I too have had a PE so unsure if this would relate to me too?

Was anyone else advised this? And if so why??

Thanks

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

This was never mentioned to me, but I presume it depends on the risk level of the individual to a fatal clot, a bit like levels of epilepsy.
  • Posted

I am driving and nobody told me not to do it...i think it depends on the severity of the condition.

If oxygen in your blood goes below certain levels (due to breath deficiency) you may have blurred vision etc... Especially on anticoaugulant treatment it could be very dangerous in case of car accident...

• Posted

I'm really unsure why! I mean I haven't driven for a while due to a foot operation but just wondered! Did anyone else have headaches too?
    • Posted

It is about 5 weeks since my PE AND Yes I keep getting short sharp headaches everyday, which I never had before. I'm going go ssk my Dr about them

• Posted

Hy Beth

I was diagnosed with bilateral PE and had 2 large clots one in

each lung I am on warfarin and stabalised now on 3mg per day for life.....I am a Bus Driver and still working hope this Helps....Take Care

Regards Eric.

• Posted

When I had multiple blood clots in both lungs, I was unable to drive for a few weeks.  I was unable to walk very far either, as I was unable to breathe very well.  Even the slightest wind knocked me back, and when at the bus stop coming back from one of many Haematology appointments had the misfortune to have a known chain smoker puffing smoke into my face while I nearly passed out! Thankfully two elderly people came to my rescue, while the smoker continued grinning at my discomfort.  I would have ended up back in the Hospital without their help.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.