Driving

Posted , 9 users are following.

Whoo hoo!! I finally got to drive today!! Another milestone in my hip saga! It's been since July 18 that I last drove!! We went to an empty parking lot. I drove around there making sure I could brake correctly and did some parking and backing up. Finally took to the streets! I drive a very large pickup. Have had it for 14 years!! It's my baby! I think tho that i will wait awhile before i get on the expressway as driving on there is at much higher speeds! I'm gonna be driving a lil slower for awhile. 🤓😎

2 likes, 20 replies

20 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Yeah for you!!!!

I think it took me about 3 months until I finally felt safe enough to drive too!

One thing I did notice was that when I sat down it felt like I was sitting on my cell phone and the doc said that was just the muscle sort of re-arranging itself.

It was scary that first time by myself but I suggest that anyone who doesn't feel safe enough to go it alone to go when you feel safe!

The doc may have given you permission to drive but that doesn't mean you HAVE to!

Good luck, Linda!

• Posted

Thank you! Yea I get that feeling of sitting on a lump of something!! I hate that!! I went solo today!! First took my granddaughter to school. Then later went to store & post office.Then a lil later went to my physical therapy session. Well today was evaluation. It is a little hard getting out of truck but I do it slow and easy. Same for getting in!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.