driving

Posted , 7 users are following.

has anyone been able to drive with a frozen shoulder

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

I have been driving though it isn’t the easiest!  I find some turns a bit “stiff” but doable!  It is just another thing you have to power through!  It is a miserable experience all around!!!
  • Posted

I was unable to drive for 4 months , couldn't even stretch to grab the seat belt and fasten it so figure I definitely wasn't safe on the road! Guess it really depends on how much your ROM is affected, mine was pretty severe so best to be safe than sorry however inconvenient it may be 

• Posted

I didn't find driving too bad around town, but for longer distances it would really get sore. As it was my left shoulder, I sometimes had to reach over the steering wheel with my right hand to activate turn signals. 

Even now that I am well recovered, I still find myself reaching over with my right hand to activate the turn signals.The surgeon said that my ultrasounds showed a complete tear of left rotator cuff and partial of right, but he doesn't want to do surgery unless the pain gets worse. So I am tending to favor the right side over the left as I don't want the shoulder to freeze again.

But, I have put away my golf clubs for remainder of year  to make sure I don't overdo my swing and agrevate the shoulder again.

• Posted

Thanks  Jim, I broke my shoulder in March I am left handed and broke the left shoulder. Just finished home therapy and will be starting out patient. I have a long way to go as  I have lupus and severe osteoporosis. I did see on line there are adaptations for the car wheel to help you drive.I still have pain and need work on range of motion but it could have been much worse.  thanks again alyce
  • Posted

No was unable to drive for 8 months with both shoulders sad was total nightmare sad couldn't reverse sad immense pain changing gears was 'house bound' and crawling the walls sad  Sorry to tell you this sad 

BUT..........it does get better I promise you smile Long drawn out little known disease BUT it does get better! smile gentle hugs x

• Posted

Thanks Linda, I broke my shoulder in Mach left shoulder and am let handed so I know I have a long way to go......thank you for your reply alyce
  • Posted

I was driving but it wasn't easy, then one day my husband was in the car and saw the trouble I was having, he said no more driving. I must admit I had a hard time with turns and shouldn't have been driving.

• Posted

Thanks Sandra,  broke my shoulder in March so I know I have a long way to go thanks again alyce

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.