Driving after surgery

Posted , 5 users are following.

I have had people tell me that it is possible to drive the day after surgery, while others have said I will not be allowed to drive for 6 weeks. I realise that people's recovery will vary, but what is usual?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

i drove the day after each of my surgeries, after i had gone to my follow with the Dr. But my situation was 20/25 and 20/40 in each eye respectively, and he said driving was fine since i was doing Ok... Ask your Dr when you go for your follow up, but unless you have some really bad complications, i would bet just a few days at most. Good luck!!

• Posted

I drove day after surgery, no problems at all.

In fact I could have driven right after surgery as well, my vision was better right after surgery than before surgery because of the cataracts.

• Posted

I couldnt for a few days. My vision was blurred in the operated eye (although better than with cataract) and was achy and sore.

I think it depends on the surgery technique as much as the lens fitted

• Posted

Everyone heals differently. If all goes well you can drive 24 hours afterwards. You will know - if vision too blurry and you cannot see road signs or lic plate on car in front of you you should wait. Some people have more swelling or pupil still dilated after 24 hours.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.